Library ??

usnavywife

Do the libraries have kids books?

DH thinks so I say no. But don't want to pack some if they do.

TIA

If there are (kids books), I haven't seen any.

I always bring my own anyhow, because they're not going to have what I want to read. What I do is have a rolling carryon (or checked) filled with expendable books/reading material. DH and I discard/donate as we go. Yes, it's heavy when you leave, but there's extra space for the "stuff" you buy that you can't live without. This is how you take all that paper and still stay under the weight limits.

Pia

I have seen some kids books in the library on various ships but not a lot. Where they do often have them is in the kids program area. I always have my son bring his own as I would hate for him not to have something to read but if weight is an issue I think you'd be able to find some between the 2 areas.

thanks guys I am not worried about the weight dh is lol. I think 4 med sized checked bags for 5 people who are totally not used to the cold is really good lol. DH wanted to make do with 3 but the large bag was too heavy.:rolleyes:

I will take a few and hopefully we can find others onboard :D

Thanks for all of the help

I'm going on the same cruise as you and for just 2 of us, we'll probably check 4 or 5 and carry 2! I keep thinking it will take more and bigger shoes than our Mexico and Bahama cruises PLUS all the layers.

If you're flying in and come a day earlier (which I hope you would), make a stop at Target or a drug store and get a few books there. Then leave them with the fun zone counselors or in the library for future young cruisers to read.

Mrs Lewdog.

I wish I could be he doesn't like the way I pack lol so he has done most of the packing. I am throwing in the odds and ends and the carry on lol.

I might have to buy him a spa treatment lol.

Can't wait to meet you guys.

I don't know where you are sailing, but some of the BEST souveniers I have bought are children's picture books, especially in Alaska! Kids are grown now, and I'm saving them for the (future - I hope) grandchildren. The Caribbean has wonderful books about sea life and, of course, pirates.:D

I do the same thing Pia does, i.e., pack books and put them in the outside pocket of my luggage. Yes, they add weight but I read them and leave them behind so that I have space for anything I buy on the cruise.

You might want to check on your roll call; perhaps others have kids and are also bringing books so that you could have your own swap.

Archived