Just off the Ryndam Repo

woodz

The cruise was great!!! The crew was pleasant and attentive, the food was good (not a big fan of the desserts though). We had a great room steward, waiter and assistant. I was behind a man during our first sea day who spent 15 minutes complaining about the ships movement to the front desk. We did have a first rough day out, but it was comical to hear this man demand that something be done about the excessive movement as it was ruining his cruise. Guess what, someone listened and the next 2 days were smooth sailing. Those HAL employees really know how to pull some strings!!!! The Ryndam is beautiful and the bar staff was nice to me even though I had a soda card. You will love this ship!!

No code red. They do have hand sanitizers everywhere and especially when you enter the dining room and Lido. No engine problems that I could tell. They did revise our port times for Astoria and our arrival in Vancouver (About an hour less in Astoria and an hour later arrival in Vancouver, but we still were off the boat by 8:30, drove to Seattle (40 minutes at the Border) and made a 12:50 flight to Phoenix. The weather was cold for me (we left 101 in the desert), but it was really just a few light layers. Astoria was 50 and Vancouver as rainy and 50 so the first cruise will probably be chilly. I wish we could have brought some of that cool weather with us. This is the 8th coastal cruise we have done and they are just so relaxing, I am really missing my naps!!!

Welcome Home:) We were last on the Ryndam a year ago this week. We will return to the Ryndam on her next Coastal, we will bring her back home to San Diego;) I agree we too like those Coastal, they make for nice Get Aways. We enjoy bring them down south and flying to Vancouver a da in advance.

One more thing. Be careful of the shower temp. We were on the LP deck (I don't know if this matters), but taking a shower was an adventure. The water was either freezing cold or really hot no matter how we adjusted it. It was a minor inconvenience. Also our DVD player did not play burned DVD's. I had some DVR shows burned onto DVD, and some DVD's we bought of our son's drumline competition but it couldn't read the DVD's. We didn't have any problem with commerical DVD's. The only problem was we had brought 4 movies that they were already playing. Oh well, it makes it easier to pause, run get a drink and snack and come back to enjoy the show.

Archived