Room with no window ???

JPerry

We prefer having a window, but it really isn't necessary for us to have a nice cruise. Our first cruise was in an inside cabin and we never slept so well! Really, during the day we are only in the cabin to change.

Also, our latest cruise was an inside, just because we were paying for so many people to go with us that cost was a determining factor.

But when it's just DH and myself, a window is our preference. I really enjoy having a view if possible.

We have had the opportunity to stay in cabins from the most expensive to the least, and I have to say that inside cabins are not that bad... we usually dont spend that much time in our cabin, except when we cruised to Canada... we ended up spending most of the time in the cabin, with 4 people... and it was cramped... I wouldnt reccomend more that 2 people in an inside cabin. other than that... i would do an inside cabin for the cheap prices!

• 3 weeks later...

Just off the RCI-FOS, inside cabin. Best sleep of my life! When we went down for the night, we were dead to the world. We did not spend much time in the room durng the day, except for me to get dressed for the night. My DH took some great naps while my son and I were off. I would definitely stick to inside cabins in the future- more cost efficient and porthole window will not help if the ship goes down. (JK) What you really need to do on the first day of your cruise is make friends with someone who has a balcony! Then if you feel like hanging out in a room, you can go to theirs. You'll get the best of both worlds. Do make sure you do the wake up call if you have somewhere to be. It's about the only thing that can wake you after a sleep that good.

I thought I would be claustrophobic, and my husband was concerned too- never a problem.

I visted my friends who were in an inside cabin. I lasted about 15 minutes. Dang those rooms are small! Unlike poor Cotton, I was lucky enough to know that I'd need a balcony. Of course, I also knew that I'd use the balcony, and I did. Quite a bit.

I could probably get away with an ocean view.

If it had a big window.

That opened. :D

I have been on two cruises, both were ov but one was a port hole and the other was a window that did not open. We are leaving for a 15 day hawaii cruise on an inside and dont think it will be a problem. My wife will love it becuase she loves to sleep in the darkest room possible, and she will love not getting up.

My view of most ships are that the rooms are all about the same size. (not counting the suites) and the balcony rooms are really smaller then the non-balconey becuase some of your space is outside.

I would love to have an balcony but not going to pay for it. As someone said, I would feel like I had to spend more time in my cabin because I paid more for it. On vacation, I dont want to feel like I got to do anything.

John

madjohn: to my knowledge, there are no cruise ships that have opening windows. Unless you have a balcony cabin, the windows are sealed shut - for obvious reasons.:) We would still opt for an inside cabin if it meant the difference between cruising and not cruising!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

madjohn: to my knowledge, there are no cruise ships that have opening windows. Unless you have a balcony cabin, the windows are sealed shut - for obvious reasons.:) We would still opt for an inside cabin if it meant the difference between cruising and not cruising!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Yes, I know the windows dont open, my point is that an inside room or an ov are the same. No fresh air.

Our first cruise was a seven day in an inside cabin. I decided that if I had to cruise in an inside room again, I would not cruise again. I just have to be able to look outside. I especially missed the window in the morning. Even an obstructed view is better than no view.

If you shop around, a room with an oceanview may not be substantially higher than an inside room, especially if you will accept a guarantee.

My sister just cruised in an inside room which was in an interior hall. She said she was amazed how quiet the room was because so few people came down the hall. So that might be something in favor of an inside room, but it isn't enough of an advantage for me.

My view of most ships are that the rooms are all about the same size. (not counting the suites) and the balcony rooms are really smaller then the non-balconey becuase some of your space is outside.

I disagree. My balcony cabin was quite a bit larger than my friend's inside cabin. The cabin itself, excluding the balcony. It was not a suite, just a regular balcony cabin.

when i cruised on celebrity 2x, i had a window, and on RC we had inside room.

like someone else said on here, the window is pretty useless. its small. if i want to see the ocean, i'll go on deck or one of the zillions of places on board where i can have a BIG view.

i'm one of those cruisers who is never in the room except to sleep at night or nap, and when you nap its GREAT not to have the sunlight coming in. i dont think the window is worth the extra money at all. i rather take that extra money and buy myself a trinket or put it towards and excursion. :D

Archived