Is Paradise Beach going to have a admittance fee?

bplazo

WOW! Thanx for all the support, everyone! When you consider that at least 3 other beach clubs around us charge $10USD/hr for a kayak, I´m thinking you´re still all getting pretty good value for your 5 bucks:)!

pamrob...yes, regardless, especially as it´s kids who use the the equipment the most!

kellyann...San Fransisco Beach is RIGHT next door! The sand is a little coarser due to the fact that we don´t get the crushing waves that pound the sand finer, like the other side of the island.

We have both sandy water bottom and rocky bottom areas, you can easily see into the water to choose where to walk though.

The taxi will let you off at the bottom of the (I think 6) steps. After climbing those, you walk past the main bar till you reach the sand, about 10-12 strides. There are about 3 rows of chairs on the sloping beach in front of you, so go lounge already!

Have a great vacation and ask for me or Luis (the GM) or any of the staff if you need help...adios!

dfwplunk...taxi (12USD) is the easiest way, just 10 min. from the pier!

Hi Tom,

Kim here....we enjoyed meeting you last Friday. We wondered how PB was going to make any money and you had mentioned to us last week that you may start charging. I think it is a good idea and still a great bargain...as my hubby and I agreed with what you said in our conversation. I would hate to see PB go out of business because, as we all know, ...no business is free of overhead or maintenence.

By the way, you have some great salsa there! We loved it!

Is there good snorkling at Paradise Beach? We bring our own snorkling equipment on cruises, but might have to play on some of the other equipment:D

The snorkeling is limited. There is a small little formation of coral/rock that is marked by an orange bouy toward the left (as you look at the water) of the swimming area of the beach. It is out a ways (but not too far for swimmers). Around that rock are some sea life. there are some blue striped fish and other colorful fish. My hubby went under and swam by it and a whole bunch of fish came out of it. It was a nice way to break up the day, but I wouldn't say that PB is known for it's snorkeling.

I heard through the board grapevine that you are going on vacation -- a well deserved one, Paradise Beach Tom -- but I hope NOT before we get there on 9/3!

Please say it isn't so.

And how was the weather there through the hurricane?

Mary Ellen and John from Cherry Hill, NJ

:p

We'll be in Cozumel end of October. The 5 bucks won't stop us from going to Paradise Beach. Have checked into all the rest of the beaches. Sounds like PB offers a lot of bang for that 5 bucks.

Heck, still planning to bring a couple cans of ravioli! (Did I remember that correctly, Tom? BTW, what brand?)

NeptunesGoddess...I remember you guys! With that name, it's hard to forget:)! Glad you had a great time, and thanx for the support!

Clarksfan1...hope to see you tomorrow!

Wendya2J...Those coupons are long gone...they were part of an opening promotion from Nov.'03 till Feb'04. Have a great vacation!

verwirrt...you're right in thinking that the other beaches will charge you WAY more for the same amenities! See you in the fall, and thanx kindly for the ravioli...Campbell's or whatever would be great! Gracias!

Tammy245...NeptuneG has it right, we're good for beginners, but if you want something better, I would point you to Dzul-Ha, or if you want to take a tour offshore, Columbia and Palancar reefs. Have fun!

ClemsonCruiser...unfortunatly, that page is down now, but we have our brand new website out there, somewhere...:)

Cinderelli... nope, won't be there:( I'll be on Vacation!! But that gives you a good excuse to come next year!!

Hurricane Charley didn't even come close to us, and Earl has broken up, so we're looking good for now! Weather is beautiful, with an occasional 30 min. afternoon shower...hasta la vista!!

1st- Thanks to all on these boards. The posts have been invaluable for planning our cruise.

Our family of 4, Mom, Dad, two boys (6 and 9) will leave next week for our 1st ever cruise on the Mariner.

After reading all about Paradise Beach and checking out the web site, I was actually quite suprised that use of all the extra "toys" was free. To me $5 seems like a very fair charge, especially when one considers the upkeep that must go into keeping the kayaks, trampoline, etc in good condition.

Charge or not, we plan on visiting PB, swimming and lounging on the beach, and eating some of the delicious food. We only wish that PB Tom would be there- after reading all his posts we were looking forward to meeting him. Alas, we reach Cozumel 9/3.

Ah well, maybe we will love cruising, and go again next year.

Steph

[quote name='Paradise_Beach_Tom']Yup, I'll be gone the whole month of Sept! Even you ravioli bribes won't change my mind. 60" Panasonic Plasma TV however.......;)[/QUOTE]
sorry we will miss you, but my hubby says if anyone is going to get a plasma tv, it will be him!!:D thanks for all your help and information re: pb. have a great vacation!

Hey PB Tom,

we will be there in Nov and will gladly pay the $5.00pp. the kids have seen the website and are planning on playing all day, and besides, my friend and I want to get a massage, so we'll be there early. do they braid hair on PB? thanks, can't wait to meet you.

Kathy

I think its a great idea to charge 5.00 for the toys and still keep the beach chairs free. Thats gets em to your beach to eat and drink. In st Marteen just the trampoline alone was 5.00 so that is a great deal. We will be there Oct. 9th on the Sensation and I will be bringing 2 other couples with me to enjoy ur beach! We cannot wait. We will definately be eattin and drinkin! Probably cheaper for us to get a taxi van and split the cost? How close are you to Dzul-Ha? I would love to snorkle there for about an hr, before lunch. You are so friendly and helpful, I have told the others about you and we cant wait to meet ya! We are party animals so stock up! :D hehehe!! Plus we are leaving all our children at home ...whooohoooo!!!! You may wanna prepare the staff,,,hahaha just kidding! ;)

Susan

Hi PB Tom, our group of 7 is planning on visiting your beach in June. One of the group members is diabetic. Is it o.k. to bring a small collapsable cooler for the insulin and some bottled water?

If it is o.k., I'll bring you some chocolate milk!

Thanks!:)

Hi Tom,
I was at Paradise Beach last January with my Hubby and 4 friends. We had a blast. The food was great and the drinks were great. Out waiter ever took our food order from our chair on the beach and brought it to us. The Fahitas were GREAT!!! We basically had the place to ourselves. All six of us are coming back this January and you can bet we will be at Paradise Beach. $5.00 is a deal just to get to use the chairs and umbrella's, let all the other stuff. See you soon.

Teri

We were at Paradise Beach last week, and we had a spectacular time. We were 2 families with teenagers, and it was wonderful that each of us got to enjoy PB in our own way. The most strenuous I got was floating on a mat and raising a beer bottle to my lips, but the kids made great use of the iceburg, trampoline and kayaks. One of the adult snorkel freaks and the kids had a blast snorkeling and spotted an octopus, a couple of barracuda and lots of other fish. My younger son had his first massage, and older son and DH snuck next door to rent Jet Skis's for the first time. We all enjoyed delicious nachos and buckets of SOL. Each family spent under $40 (not including the massage and Jetski's) and I felt a bit guilty about having so much enjoyment and such great facilities for such a small price. I will gladly pay $5 a head next time, and Paradise Beach is most definitely on our list of things to do again!

Thanks for a delightful and memorable day, Tom!

Cruisin`Susan...thanx for the support! We are about a 5-6 min. drive from Dzul-Ha, 2 cabs will actually be a little cheaper than a taxi van. Looking forward to meeting you all...adios!

mfinn...by all means, bring the insulin! For your convenience, we sell purified, bottled water here at the bar! (or from your waiter)

Tluvs2talk...Yay! Repeat customers...a true compliment, thanx! Happy you had a great time, but I don`t think that I can promise you an empty beach in high season!! Hasta la vista!

dznymom...compact, informative, and great review...thank you! Glad you all enjoyed yourselves and explored most (all) of what we have to offer. Since you felt so guilty about your enjoyment to price ratio, make sure we charge you double next time :)!
Thanx again!

Archived