I Got BANNED from RCCL!!!!!!

The problem is that if my theory is correct he is not on any other list, DHS or otherwise, he is just on a list created by a kneejerk reaction by someone in RC security to legitimate questions being asked of them about his travel history in the course of a routine background investigation.

My son went through a "probing" background check when he was hired by a major urban police department... What Goofy surmises makes a lot of sense...

LL

It might be easier for Scott if it were locked, but not disappear. If he's going 24hrs on the job, there may be way too many posts for him to read to catch up when get gets off! A new "UPDATE" thread would work out fine too, as long as he isn't banned from posting!

• Administrators

Please stay on topic.

Regarding the speculation regarding eventual removal of this thread. I have never, ever had a cruise line call me and ask that we remove an entire thread from the forums. Ever.

What will get this thread removed is continually posting off topic and/or harassment/flaming, which is totally driven byyou, our members.

Laura

I thought this would be resolved when I got home today--so sorry to see you still don't have any info. It's like taking you to jail, but never telling you the charges--don't you have a right to know what brought on the action by RC?

Good luck

It might be easier for Scott if it were locked, but not disappear. If he's going 24hrs on the job, there may be way too many posts for him to read to catch up when get gets off! A new "UPDATE" thread would work out fine too, as long as he isn't banned from posting!

And we can help him to that end if we stopped discussing the thread, and discuss the situation! ;) ;) ;)

My son went through a "probing" background check when he was hired by a major urban police department... What Goofy surmises makes a lot of sense...

LL

Thanks every once in a great while I make sense. :)

Laura thank you VERY much for reinstating this thread (and my confidence in CC)!

I know we're all interested to see how this plays out. It still seems to me this has to be a case of mistaken identity. I wonder if the reason they won't tell Scott the WHY without a subpoena is because of liability?

I hope he gets the answers he deserves. Hey, at least he's still cruising, I wish *I* was going on a cruise right now, ANY cruise! :p

I feel for the OP being banned and not knowing the reason. It must be frustrating but does anyone on this board think that a cruise line would just ban someone without a very good reason? Maybe it was a mistake and let's hope that it was but the cruise line obviously felt that they a good reason to do so and they gave the OP directions on what needed to be done in order to receive the information. It's their company and their rules.

I'm sure that RCI's legal department is handling this and they are covering themselves in this case which any smart company would. Calling every major publication in print is not going to help the OP. He stated that he now has an attorney looking into this to see what the options are. That is smart. Maybe we should all wait and see what happens before anyone places judgement against RCI. There are two sides to every story and in reality it is really no ones business but the OP and RCI. We only know about this due to the OP. I wish him luck and hope that all works out to his favor and that this was all a mistake. Time will tell.

Whew...so glad it's back. I was so worried about how I would find out what was going on!

I never knew it was gone!

I've never before followed another thread like I'm following this one. I certainly hope there will be a definitive answer as to why this happened to the OP.

Laura thank you VERY much for reinstating this thread (and my confidence in CC)!

I know we're all interested to see how this plays out. It still seems to me this has to be a case of mistaken identity. I wonder if the reason they won't tell Scott the WHY without a subpoena is because of liability?

I hope he gets the answers he deserves. Hey, at least he's still cruising, I wish *I* was going on a cruise right now, ANY cruise! :p

Ditto to everything you said!!!

Wow.that was weird.........this was gone for an hour..now its back??:confused:

thanks for posting that, I thought maybe I had just missed it. I went looking for it--after doing some work--and it wasn't there. I thought--yep it went POOF & then there it was. course we know all about threads goign POOF, don't we Kathy?:rolleyes:

Scarry Huh.

A little story...on our last cruise we dropped off a request at the Pursers desk to send our luggage straight through to the airport. He looked at it and said it might be denied and we may have additional checks at the airport. We were denied the option of sending our luggage straight through to the airport. The Pursers desk left me a phone message to come down and pick up any colored tags we wanted.

I had the same thing happen to me on my Brilliance cruise last month! No reason given about why I was denied and why other people were allowed to participate. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I feel for the OP being banned and not knowing the reason. It must be frustrating but does anyone on this board think that a cruise line would just ban someone without a very good reason? Maybe it was a mistake and let's hope that it was but the cruise line obviously felt that they a good reason to do so and they gave the OP directions on what needed to be done in order to receive the information. It's their company and their rules.

I'm sure that RCI's legal department is handling this and they are covering themselves in this case which any smart company would. Calling every major publication in print is not going to help the OP. He stated that he now has an attorney looking into this to see what the options are. That is smart. Maybe we should all wait and see what happens before anyone places judgement against RCI. There are two sides to every story and in reality it is really no ones business but the OP and RCI. We only know about this due to the OP. I wish him luck and hope that all works out to his favor and that this was all a mistake. Time will tell.

Wow Gator, nicely said and to the point. I've been reading this post on/off all day from work. But until the OP actually gets some pertinent info from either his lawyer or RCI, we just need to sit back and wait to see how this all pans out.

I feel for the OP being banned and not knowing the reason. It must be frustrating but does anyone on this board think that a cruise line would just ban someone without a very good reason?

Yes. (to clarify, if this is a mistake, then I would consider that a "bad reason")[/i]

Maybe it was a mistake and let's hope that it was but the cruise line obviously felt that they a good reason to do so and they gave the OP directions on what needed to be done in order to receive the information. It' their company and their rules.

My feeling is that RCCL should supply an explanation without having to be subpoenaed.

There are two sides to every story and in reality it is really no ones business but the OP and RCI.

how about stock holders? Do they have the right to know? Being a past guest and future guest, I have a right to know why they ban fellow passengers.

I'm with everyone else here. GO to your nearest Clerk of Court's office and find out how to get the legal documents you need to get to file with the courts. Unless you plan on suing, you do not need a lawyer. Someone in the Clerk's office should be able to help you feel out the paper work and for a small court fee you sould be able to file any necessary paper work with them (the courts). Make sure to make copies before you mail them to RCL. Paperwork has a habit of disappearing.

One question, and I am only asking this because I do not know you. Is it possible you were drinking and while speaking with the Purser you made a threatening statement towards him, your room stewart (in the state of being extremely upset) or mention to him that because of the service you would never sail on RCL again? Just asking. But seriously GOOD LUCK in finding out. And hopefully you will be able to sail with them again.

One of the things I have learned from CC is that RCCL does not have great customer service. After following this thread I really will think twice before booking with them again. I appreciate that the cruise line will ban individuals deemed a security risks; but to not tell someone the reason behind this type of action is unconscionable.

Please stay on topic.

Regarding the speculation regarding eventual removal of this thread. I have never, ever had a cruise line call me and ask that we remove an entire thread from the forums. Ever.

What will get this thread removed is continually posting off topic and/or harassment/flaming, which is totally driven byyou, our members.

Laura

thanks for posting that, I thought maybe I had just missed it. I went looking for it--after doing some work--and it wasn't there. I thought--yep it went POOF & then there it was. course we know all about threads goign POOF, don't we Kathy?:rolleyes:

Please stay on topic. We've all invested a lot of time reading it and want answers.

Scott - keep us posted.

I have been on the phone with RCCL all day, and yes it's true. NO ONE is talking!

They will give out NO other information besides 1) I am no longer allowed on any RCCL or Celebrity Ship, and 2) it is because something that occured on the 1/2007 Brilliance of the Seas sailing. Anything else is "Privleged information" And I guess I'm not special.....

Oh my gosh. Maybe this can help you: each state has a FOIA (freedom of information act) law. This is supposed to help the consumer get info about an accusation against them quickly. Since RCCL is based out of Miami, I would suggest contacting the Federal Maritime Commission Consumer Complaints 202-523-5807 and maybe they can help you get the answers (cruise line disputes). Dept of Agriculture Travel Consumer Services COmplaint Division in Florida 850-488-2221. Florida Bar Attorney Referral 800-342-8060

For those just joining this thread, Scott the OP is on a work shift that lasts for 24 hours. I'm sure he'll be back if there is any new information. Keep posting and thank you Laura for keeping the thread going.

Archived