I Got BANNED from RCCL!!!!!!

It's really scary to think that, as someone suggested earlier, this may be a result of extensive foreign travel by a person not normally able to take trips like that. That makes me think that my husband and I might be flagged next! :eek: We are lucky enough to be able to do a lot of free travel and average anywhere from 3-6 trips per year, mostly to foreign countries (although we are Canadian, not American).

The last thing I'd want to hear is that we aren't allowed to cruise anymore!

I really hope the OP is able to sort out this situation and gets compensation for all this hassle from the cruiseline.

I think we can forget about the "extensive foreign travel" Royal told the OP that he violated a Guest Vacation Policy.

We can read on the web site the "Guest Vacation Policy". It stems from there.

Yes, In the back of my mind I still think that this could just still be something that DID happen on the brilliance too, now this guy today was trying to create confusion, to distort the whole thing further, knowing that a subpeona would be hard to get.

Again not sure. The 3 people I have talked to in the department have ALL told me different stories - 2 said brilliance, one said not brilliance. And different supervisor names, and blah blah blah. I am still waiting to hear from their security supervisor, as today he is the one they put the blame on for doing this.

Scott

RCCL is famous for being inconsistent so the fact you got 3 different stories does not surprise me at all. Keep a log of the names and dates and times of everyone you do speak to. :o

Without going into my full financial history;) , No unusual credit card activity on the card used. Final payment made in Late Feb, Haven't done a credit check in a while, but that may just be my next step just incase!

3 years ago my husband received a charge on a Chase credit card we never use for 325.00. We called the CC company and the charge was for a parking ticket in London. We've never been to London! Turns out it was an error in the numbers and it was one number off so our card was credited right away but stupid things do happen and you may be a victim of something like this. :o It pays just to run a credit report online.

Without going into my full financial history;) , No unusual credit card activity on the card used. Final payment made in Late Feb, Haven't done a credit check in a while, but that may just be my next step just incase!

Everyone in the US (at least, not sure about any other countries, sorry) is entitled to one free credit report each year from each of the three major credit reporting companies. A web page has been set up to make it fairly easy. I am trying to do one each, every four months so I would hopefully catch something unusual as soon as possible.

http://www.annualcreditreport.com/

Theron

Like most CC members I lurk and stay out of the controversy. But I felt I needed to post and wish Hoop the best in getting this resolved. I have no loyalty to any one cruise line. I have cruised on RCCL, NCL, Carnival, and Princess. I cruise approximately five times per year. I had planned to start cruising exclusively on RCCL due to their loyalty program which I believe is the best of any cruiseline. I have five cruises booked for the next year. Two on RCCL, two on Carnival, and one on Princess. Without going into detail I believe anyone accused of committing any derogatory act desires an explanation of what that act was and then given an opportunity to offer their side of the story. As I enjoy all cruiselines equally, I will seriously have to consider not crusing RCCL if they ban individuals from crusing without giving them an explanation of why they are banned. Whether it is legal for them to do so is not the point. As someone already stated - this is America - and no individual, company, or corporation should be able to take derogatory actions against an individual without providing an explanation. It makes me feel that cruise employees that do not like a particular passenger can concoct a story and RCCL will believe their employees and take action without any input from the passenger. This is wrong and creates a negative image of RCCL's fairness.

Hey Scott, E-mail RCCL and tell them to check out this thread. If all the people who have read this thread tell several people outside the cruise critic world, then there are going to be A LOT of people who know about this incident. And this is only in the first 24 hours since you brought the subject up here.

This is going to end up being very, very bad publicity for Royal Caribbean. All they have to do is tell you why they banned you. For all any of us know they MAY have a legitimate reason. But to not tell you and let this thing fester will hurt them in the end. Too bad. I LOVE sailing RCCL. We sail on the Serenade in 2 days. Turning diamond then. We have the Freedom booked for next summer. We just got back from a Vision sailing in March. Do they want to scare off people like me? I mean, if they can do this to you, well then, they can do this to anyone. All they have to do is give you a reason. That is the part that is so appalling.

Colleen

FFH,

I am wondering if you might have had some problem on another RCI cruise where you might have raised your voice to make a point. If you did, and then had a problem on this cruise, perhaps RCI felt you were going to do something more at another time and poof, you are now gone.

I do hope you get to find out what caused you to be banned. I do believe, perhaps wrongly so, if people raise their voices with the front desk, their names etc are put into a computer that keeps tracks of things. It's almost like 3 strikes (or maybe 2, who knows?) and you are out.

There is nothing I dislike more than being accused of something I haven't done. We have all done things we shouldn't have and I have no problem accepting those I have done, but to be accused of something that is unknown makes it far more difficult to challenge.

Good luck and keep us informed.

Katie

not likely that its a bad credit rating or you would have found that out when you booked on another cruise line. besides what does a credit rating have to do with sailing? just like insurance does not go by your driving record, goes by your credit rating and that i think is stupid. hope this all works out for you. hope RCCL is looking at these pages and comes to there senses nothing worse than being accused of some thing and not being told what it is you did. (what a joke they are)

Scott, first of all, I want to say how sorry I am about all this. WOW is all I can say, and sometimes, the more I read about RCL, the less I want to travel with them.

However, on the other hand, regarding credit bureau reports - no disrespect to any of the other posters regarding this...BUT...where would they have gotten your SSN for them to even do this??? I know I have never given my SSN to any cruise line to cruise anywhere. Again, no disrepect on this subject at all and I DO believe it is imperative for all of us to keep tabs on our bureaus, but I just don't think this is the case here.

I do believe you may be on the right track where a disgruntled employee caused you problems. This just isn't fair to you.

not likely that its a bad credit rating or you would have found that out when you booked on another cruise line. besides what does a credit rating have to do with sailing? just like insurance does not go by your driving record, goes by your credit rating and that i think is stupid. hope this all works out for you. hope RCCL is looking at these pages and comes to there senses nothing worse than being accused of some thing and not being told what it is you did. (what a joke they are)

The point of checking the credit report was to look for signs of Identity Theft, which may have spilled over into this incident.

Theron

As someone already stated - this is America - and no individual, company, or corporation should be able to take derogatory actions against an individual without providing an explanation. It makes me feel that cruise employees that do not like a particular passenger can concoct a story and RCCL will believe their employees and take action without any input from the passenger. This is wrong and creates a negative image of RCCL's fairness.

It's the patriot act.

I have a better idea, contact the media. ABC, NBC, etc & tell them. They'll fall over themselves airing it.

And if the cruise line is in the wrong, they are going to be doing everything to make up for it.

Yes, definately go to court & get the records. If you have a friend who is a lawyer, ask them. They can get it.

When you cruised on the Brilliance did the Hotel Director or Captain ever come speak with you?

Tj

Nope, plus they had every opportuntiy to,

Met them both at both c and a parties, sat with the Captain for a bit at the Platinum/Diamond welcome back party on the last day. Never said a word about anything!:mad:

1) I think whatever Hoops is banned for must be very very serious or RCI would be more forthcoming. Why wouldn't they be?

2) I don't know Scott, But it sures sounds like they are hanging the wrong guy, or listening to the wrong sources of information.

3) there is nothing that will ever change what has happened to date.

4) is there a 4, oh yeah, Scott I hope you get the truth, but I doubt you can even trust it is the truth after the fishy tales you've already been told by numerous RCI employees.

Why do we think we are owed an explanation for everything?

If the Police put yellow tape around you neighbors house and you ask them what's going on, are they obligated to tell you?

No, but if they put yellow tape aound MY house they would.

HOOP i guess you can not find out if your on the no fly list with the airport? just seems to me you could be heading into something out of your hands. i had the same thing happen when i went to canada, they would not tell me what i did until i paid $200.00 then they mailed me a letter that said i am banned from canada for a dwi access denied.

1) I think whatever Hoops is banned for must be very very serious or RCI would be more forthcoming. Why wouldn't they be?

2) I don't know Scott, But it sures sounds like they are hanging the wrong guy, or listening to the wrong sources of information.

3) there is nothing that will ever change what has happened to date.

4) is there a 4, oh yeah, Scott I hope you get the truth, but I doubt you can even trust it is the truth after the fishy tales you've already been told by numerous RCI employees.

I think it is either Very Serious, or it is very superficial, and they know if it is based on the Brilliance complaint, and they give me a very weak reason, I will keep trying to fight it with them.

I think you are going to get answers when this hits the news and it will.

You think this will hit the news? I seriously doubt it. Things like this happen on a daily basis. It is just the first time it hit CC.

I think if this happened to me I would be contacting the news agencies. I would be so angry. Would they really want this negative publicity? I might give RCI a few days to respond but this would make me so mad.

Archived