I Got BANNED from RCCL!!!!!!

I have to admit this has really peaked my interests. I feel like we are undercover detectives (except for the fact this thread is huge and so many ppl know about it - so it's not really "undercover"!)

Kingsgirl -- totally off topic, but I just love your avatar! Everytime I see it, I have to check your profile so I can watch the kitten box :D

Storm..can we all e-mail you as well for the theory? Please share it! Hate when I am left out of things!

Not yet, because if my theory happens to be spot on, it will screw up things for him in the long run by making it public. Sorry.

I have only sailed on carnival (4) and Holland America (2) but have been researching RCCL for my next cruise. BUT I will NOT sail RCCL EVER if they don't fix this to Firefighterhoops satisfaction. Why?.... if they can do this to a loyal diamond member what would they do to lowly ol me!!!!!

RCCL .......there goes this lost customers revenue!!!!!!

I agree its not right that you were not given a reason for being banned BUT if RCCL thinks they are looking out for the safety of all the other guests on the ship, I cant really fault them for looking out for my families safety. I cruise with my Kids and I'm glad to know that they take security so seriously. I wish RCCL would respond to this thread. I know they wont but it would be nice to Know what there take on this is. :confused:

Firefighterhoop I hope this is just a horrible misunderstanding that gets quickly remedied.

Wow. Scott, I am so sorry this is happening to you. I am a college student, work part time, and a Mom of 3. I know I'm looking forward to that school break and I bet you were too. I really hope you're able to forget about it just enough to enjoy your Carnival cruise!! I'll be checking back to see what you've found out.

We're in the process of booking our family cruise for next year. We were considering RCCL but I'm not so sure about it after reading this. Of course, I'll wait until the final verdict is in before that decision is final but it's not looking good as of now.

Customer service is the numero uno reason I do business with ANY company. I'd sail on a crappy ship even as long as the service was top notch. Obviously RCCL doesn't have crappy ships, but their customer service is severely lacking. We'll sail where the customers are treated right! Putting our hard earned money into a cruise for 5 people isn't a decision we take lightly.

Not yet, because if my theory happens to be spot on, it will screw up things for him in the long run by making it public. Sorry.

Any help he can get is great. I knew if you wanted everyone to know you would have posted it. Just trying to bring in some humor. You wouldn't like hundreds of e-mails to answer? :)

The point of checking the credit report was to look for signs of Identity Theft, which may have spilled over into this incident.

Theron

Theron is correct... Identity theft can have so many more ramifications than just being about bad credit. IT can ruin a persons life.

I know it is a long shot, but so was checking with the DHS.

To the OP, why not send this thread to Nancy Grace and let her get to the bottom. :D http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5c.html?24

For some of the other posters: I'm not trying to start a fight, but why would you all cancel your vacations on a cruise line that hasn't done anything to you? I agree that this situation sucks for him, but if he goes through legal channels, he will get answers. The cruise line obviously thinks its looking after its other guests, which include your families. Whether it is mistaken identity or something else, its actions are in our best interest.

Legal channels are the only option left. They're obviously not going to give you answers over the phone. The poster who said it is the same everywhere is right. If its something bad enough to get you (or someone with the same name?) banned from an entire cruiseline, they're not going to talk to you via telephone.

I'd have picked Princess or HAL over Carnival...just an opinion.

Best of luck Hoops,

Sam

For some of the other posters: I'm not trying to start a fight, but why would you all cancel your vacations on a cruise line that hasn't done anything to you? I agree that this situation sucks for him, but if he goes through legal channels, he will get answers. The cruise line obviously thinks its looking after its other guests, which include your families. Whether it is mistaken identity or something else, its actions are in our best interest.

Legal channels are the only option left. They're obviously not going to give you answers over the phone. The poster who said it is the same everywhere is right. If its something bad enough to get you (or someone with the same name?) banned from an entire cruiseline, they're not going to talk to you via telephone.

I'd have picked Princess or HAL over Carnival...just an opinion.

Best of luck Hoops,

Sam

Word gets around especially about customer service. This is the reason I will Never Cruise NCL. Not just because of this board, but from first hand accounts from people who sailed on them and told of terrible service. I'm talking first time cruisers that I spent an hour trying to convice that customer service on all cruise ships was not as bad as they experienced.

Chuck (Cruise Cat)

I understand, but nothing has been done to these other people...and experiencing bad customer service through a third person isn't exactly experiencing bad customer service.... I know what you mean...it just frustrates me.

We're not NCL cruisers either :)

Sam :D

PS- I see you are sailing on Brilliance....she's our FAVORITE! I hope you enjoy her!

It's just the 'reputation' thing. I know that bad reputations may not be deserved; but as a consumer (of any product) I will tend to go with goods or services that I have heard good things about and will stay away from ones I heard bad things about. Home builders in my area is a good example. The more money I am spending on something the less I believe sales pitches and the more I go with word of mouth. And yes, it does have to be more than just one. I listen closely to those who have had bad experience to what they did to resolve the situation and what that company did to resolve or not resolve the situation. That's just me.....

Theron is correct... Identity theft can have so many more ramifications than just being about bad credit. IT can ruin a persons life.

I know it is a long shot, but so was checking with the DHS.

To the OP, why not send this thread to Nancy Grace and let her get to the bottom. :D http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5c.html?24

Go Nancy. Love her attitude!

Let's also bring in Greta Van Susteren, Glen Beck, and Anderson Cooper. Then we can have Judge Judy bring Scott and Mr Goldstein in and they can present their cases.

Then it wouldn't cost Scott a penny!

Not to judge .... but I'm trying to take the "emotion" out of this situation and put some "pieces" together. Things just don't add up for me.

Soon to graduate college student.

14 cruises in the past three years.

Has job.

How does one manage this schedule?

It's tough, but one does it. Trust me. I'm working full time, attending school full time, and still find time for vacation twice a year. And the OP also pointed out that with his schedule, he has one week off per month.

RCCL has chosen to exercise their right not to allow the OP to sail with them any longer. Unless the reason has to do with a suspect class, such as race, they don't have to have a reason, its business.

All the calls for investigations, the press being involved are simply not realistic. Everyone is making too much of this entire event.

The OP has other vacation options he should forget about RCCL and move on, this uproar is simply not worth effort.

RCCL has chosen to exercise their right not to allow the OP to sail with them any longer. Unless the reason has to do with a suspect class, such as race, they don't have to have a reason, its business.

All the calls for investigations, the press being involved are simply not realistic. Everyone is making too much of this entire event.

The OP has other vacation options he should forget about RCCL and move on, this uproar is simply not worth effort.

All true. But we still want to know:D .

this is just creepy.

I think you have a right to know what is going on . I think you will probably receive some sort of written documentation from them shortly.

There are soooooo many ways this can fly...

I'm just dying to know the outcome but I have to say that no matter how this turns out, I don't think I would be sailing RCCL ever again unless they were going to treat me like royalty and apologize. Even then, I think I would have a difficult time sailing with a company that had treated me so badly.

Here's hoping this all works out for you...

You are right, he does have a right to know what's going on...and they have given him the option of a subpeona. Seems pretty simple to me what the next step is. You can file on your own, if you are not in a position to get a lawyer.

Good call Chuck...back to the topic at hand...

Sam :D

I guess all the facts have yet to come to light. The reason I asked probing questions before is because it does not stand to reason that Royal Caribbean would blackball a repeat customer. Firefighter has cruised with them a record 14 times since 2001! That'a alot of cruising on RCL.

So, what would make them all of a sudden blackball him?

It must have been something. And I believe that the OP doesn't seem to think he did anything wrong- but if Tuff2 is correct about his behavior at the front desk- Firefighter might have pissed off the wrong person on the ship!

We All Want To Put Out Your Fire For You Firefighter! Wish We Could All Grab A Bucket Of Water And Put This Fire Out For You.;)

Sounds Like There Is A Mistaken Identy Issue. Hopefully It Will All Get Straightened Out Soon And You'll Be Cruising For Free For Awhile!

You Go....and Don't Back Down.....keep Us Posted....We're All There For You.;)

I have only sailed on carnival (4) and Holland America (2) but have been researching RCCL for my next cruise. BUT I will NOT sail RCCL EVER if they don't fix this to Firefighterhoops satisfaction. Why?.... if they can do this to a loyal diamond member what would they do to lowly ol me!!!!!

RCCL .......there goes this lost customers revenue!!!!!!

You have only heard one side of the story. And is there any verification that this person is in fact banned? Do you believe everything you read on the internet? There have been some mean hoaxes that have been played by on people on message baords.

I agree its not right that you were not given a reason for being banned BUT if RCCL thinks they are looking out for the safety of all the other guests on the ship, I cant really fault them for looking out for my families safety. I cruise with my Kids and I'm glad to know that they take security so seriously. I wish RCCL would respond to this thread. I know they wont but it would be nice to Know what there take on this is. :confused:

Firefighterhoop I hope this is just a horrible misunderstanding that gets quickly remedied.

Am I the only one who feels that Maybe RCCL is playing Better safe then sorry with their Security? Maybe someone Saw what they thought was suspicious behavior.

Archived