Infinity

tromvest

Hi, I was just off the Infinity on Sunday morning from Hawaii. We had no additional pod problems, and I was told indirectly by the Chief Housekeeper that they are indeed going into drydock very soon (long story, but it involved a cruiser complaining about the shoddy state of their room in the elevator, and the Chief Housekeeper, who happened to be in the elevator, demanding to know what room they're staying in so they can check out the problems. After the Chief Housekeeper persisted and wouldn't let the elevator go anywhere, the cruiser finally let up with a room number.) With the schedule of the cruises the way they are, all are assuming the drydock is from May 20-27, basically after the current cruise ends on May 20, and before the next scheduled cruise on May 27.

Other than a few dips in the dining areas (4th floor Trellis and the 10th floor near the ice cream area), the Infinity is healthy.

MCNYC,

Did the chief give u any direct info bout the DD. Is it for pod maint. or just general ship refurb (linens, carpets, paint, etc...) .

Or perhaps Infinity is getting the much talked about "New Bedding" I've read about on other threads????

Thanks!!

I'm going to assume the Chief Housekeeper was talking about general maintenance since he mentioned the dry dock in relation to this cruiser's miriad of complaints. Don't know if engine issues are being dealt with, but the bedding really could use some changing!

Dear Cruisers:

The Dry Dock for Infinity has been planned since January, if not before. This had nothing to do with the recent trips. Infinity, just as all of the other M Class ships, has been having POD problems since forever. I don't know for certain that this will be addressed during the Dry Dock, but it has been the unofficial rumor since I first began reading and posting. It is hoped that the new bedding will be installed at that time, because the bedding was quite tired during our cruise March 25, 2007, through the Panama Canal.

No matter, the ship is wonderful and you will enjoy yourself.

Bob

Hello mcnyc,

Need some local (NYC) advice....

DW and I coming to NYC next week for a wedding...

Can you recommend a few "local" places for us to get our dine on....

We love all type of cusine so hit me with your best...

thx!!

huh huh-think we have a problem-infinity had a pilot to leave nanaimo,bc.yesterday at 5.30p.m.heading to vancouver.my shipping news shows it still en route??its a 2hour journey!oh dear.

:confused: Good evening,

She's due in Vancouver only on 20th May. Tomorrow's port is Prince Rupert, followed by a standard menu of Alaskan Ports. If you saw her '' en route''...that's good indeed.

Cheers

;)

We just returned from 14 day cruise to Hawaii. The ship is wonderful and the dining room staff couldn't have been more attentive and the food was superb! We had stateroom 9199 (aft cabin with extra large balcony). The room did not feel very clean when we arrived (it is called a family cabin and is probably used a lot with children in tow). We called housekeeping immediately and they were there within minutes to do a more thorough cleaning. In fact, a few hours later, the head of housekeeping came in to inspect it himself! They did a great job. I have read some other posting about the ship going to dry dock. There definitely was a problem with the starboard rudder. They had to slow the ship down and it took us nearly 5 days to get back and forth to Hawaii from San Diego instead of the usual 4 1/2 days. In fact, we had to depart Maui 3 hours earlier to make up some of the time. No matter. The trip was perfect, and the ship is in lovely condition. We didn't notice that the bedding was particularly worn out. Everything was clean and in working order. The only problem is disembarkation. Once you are off that ship, it felt like we were a sack of potatoes being dropped overboard! San Diego was bedlam, porters were scarce and people showed their rude side pushing and shoving to try and get someone to help them with the luggage. It really wasn't a great ending to an otherwise good vacation!

Wanted to comment on two items from previous posts - binoculars & bedding on Infinity CC. We were in CC Aft 8185 - great location! I'd asked CCers about the binoculars in CC rooms, and was told that they still have them (they do!) but they're not very good - bring our own. We did, and glad we did. The CC ones are better than nothing, but if you have your own good ones - bring them. We saw friggot (sp?) birds, whales, dolphins, and the lava flow all from our balcony. Re: the bedding - oh my....we didn't even have a bedspread! Just a sheet on top. When we asked about it, the room steward said that the previous cruise had so many sick people that they had to remove all the bedding for precaution....and he said we were better off without it. Well, not very elegant looking, but I was OK with that explanation. Until we looked under the bed when we put our suitcases there...and saw the bedspread UNDER the bed in plastic. :eek: So, for whatever reason, new bedding IS needed....pillows were wonderful, though, I might add! Our room was also not very clean when we arrived - a broken glass under the desk when I pulled out the chair, which tells me vacuuming hadn't occured. We brought it to the room steward's attention and it was corrected. I think they had to turn the ship so quickly that Day 1 is never quite as clean as the following days. However, that Day 1 (following the exiting occupants) is really the day that I want to be most clean, don't you agree? ;) The food was good overall, somedays really good/somedays so-so; the dining room service was SO rushed, and we never could get him to slow down. One night for our 8:30 pm serving, we were done at 9:40! He was in a huge hurry, and that was very disappointing - had never experienced that before. All other service was superb! We'll definitely give Infinity another try, even with the delays we experienced at the end of our cruise!

Hi All,

I am a long-time Princess cruiser who has only been on one X cruise on the Century. While we found much to like, (beef dishes, entertainment, surprisingly, and food presentation) we didn't really enjoy the ship or the staff services very much. The ship had lots of maintenance issues and we had the worst room steward ever on a cruise. The overall attitude of the staff and crew was, in a word, "chilly. No one seemed to be able to furnish the simplest answer or request.

I have heard almost all good reports from the M-Class X ships and we are hoping for a much better experience on the Infinity. Any words of encouragement or have we already experienced the best of Celebrity?

Thanks,

Bop

Archived