Check Your Baggage Tags

villa10

Recived our documents for the Miracle on June 4th which of course is exciting. After going through them all I looked at the baggage tags--they were pink and said Verandah Forward. I suspected something was wrong as we are on Empress Deck Mid ship. Called the travel agent who put me on hold while they called Carnival. They came back and said Carnival said it did not matter; as long as you have your room number on it there is no problem. I was just not satisfied with this answer because it made no sense that it would not matter so I called Carnival directly the next morning.

Well, it does matter, your bags will be delivered to the deck indicated on the tags--I should have blue tags saying Empress. But they told me I would have to get new tags at the pier because they could not send me new ones unless they completely re-ticketed me. This sounded ridiculous. Told the agent there was no way I was going to stand at the pier filling out baggage tags. She insisted she could not send me tags unless they reticketed me. I asked if I used the tags I had but put the room number on them what would happen. Our luggage would wind up on the wrong deck and it could be hours until they figured it all out.

Finally after 15 minutes of insisting I was not going to stand at the pier filling at baggage tags, she said perhaps the air and sea department could help you. I called them, they checked my booking and immediately said they would send out the correct tags.

Bottom line--check your tags that they are for the deck you or on otherwise your bags will be delivered to the wrong deck and you will be waiting a very long time to get them.

Lots are going to eDocs and you dont get luggage tags anymore. You just go to a desk at the port and the guy looks you up and writes out the tag and he put it on my luggage.

It was not that big of a deal. You dont get tags with eDocs.

I thnk at certain ports, not having the correct (or any) tags could be a real pain in the arse. Some ports are really crowded and not very efficient. Having to have correct tags identified and individually filled out with relevant intinerary information (as well as personal) information while trying to get to the check in, customs, security with 2000 other people in order to start your vacation, seems a little stupid.

No matter what happens, do make sure that your luggage is properly tagged with the right deck, cabin and name whether you get corrected ones in the mail or have to address this at the port.

I agree w/Brenda; it's not that big a deal.:) Many have incorrect tags due to upgrades, whatever. In the luggage area at the pier, the guy holding the manifest has plenty of extra tags, and it's easy to bring your own address labels to put on them - and the new cabin number. What, two seconds? Have a great cruise!

I agree w/Brenda; it's not that big a deal.:) Many have incorrect tags due to upgrades, whatever. In the luggage area at the pier, the guy holding the manifest has plenty of extra tags, and it's easy to bring your own address labels to put on them - and the new cabin number. What, two seconds? Have a great cruise!

Your own address labels would be good and add the cabin number---good idea.

But they told me I would have to get new tags at the pier because they could not send me new ones unless they completely re-ticketed me. This sounded ridiculous.

Not ridiculous at all... pretty standard. Just ask the Porter to look your name up on the Ship's manifest and provide you the correct collored tags.

This is not any different than when folks get upgrades.

It's a cruise... enjoy it... relax... have fun...:)

TIP: Use a work address or some other address that is NOT your home on luggage tags. Lots of creepy weirdos out there can do alot of damage with an address and knowledge that the homeowners will be away for a whole week or more.

On my luggage tags (not the ship tags, but my own) I put my name, hotel names and numbers as well as dates I'll be there, ship name and sailing date, and finally airline name and number with dates of flights. This way, if lost, a bag is more likely to find its CORRECT destination for the day it is "found". If my home address is on the tag, the airline might just send it home instead of to the hotel down the street where I actually AM!

I print these out on address labels, wrap them around a business card and insert them into the window thingy on my luggage. A second copy is affixed inside my travel docs.

Archived