Mariott Marina in Fort Lauderdale

firsttimetocruise

Can anyone tell me if there is a free shuttle to/from the airport to the Mariott Marina? Also, how far is it to the Princess Cruise Line emarbarkation point? We are cruising Oct. 2 on Caribbean Princess. Any helpful hints would be appreciated. We are planning on staying at the Mariott one night pre-cruise. Thanks!

No airport shuttle, but taxis run about $10 per taxi, not per person.

You're very close to Princess' pier. In fact, Princess will be the closest line to the ship and from the south-facing rooms you will feel like you can reach out and almost touch your ship. You're about 5 minutes away and around a $8 taxi ride. The Marriott does run free shuttles to the pier, but I prefer to just grab a cab.

Terrific pre-cruise hotel :)

Stayed here last year, got my room through priceline, great hotel. Water taxi stops right there, you can ride that taxi all day for $5 per person. Go to Olas Blvd., great spots to eat. Great hotel, you will enjoy it.

We took the hotel shuttle to the pier, we sailed on a Monday, so we were the only ones onboard. For us, it was great. But either way, taxi or shuttle, who cares, as long as you get to your ship. Have a great time on your cruise and enjoy the Marriott.

There is a free shuttle to the ship, but not to and from the airport. Just make sure to sign up for the free shuttle as soon as you check in for the next day's ride over to the ship (assuming you are arriving one day early). It fills up fast, and sometimes the only times left are later.

doone, were you able to request a room when you checked in? We have 2 nights pre-cruise on the 26th of this month, also through priceline, and wonder how Marriott handles requests like water view? Thanks!

Nunu, I wanted to request a smoking room, so after I won my bid, I called the hotel directly, had to make a couple of calls as they said when I book through priceline they can't make any changes. I explained to them that I knew this was only a request and not a guarantee, could I put my request in? After 3 calls, I finally got a reservationist that said yes. When we checked in, now we checked in on a Sunday, he asked if we minded what views we had, I didn't, my parents wanted to look where the ships came in. They accomodated us, no problem. I had a view of the pool, which was very nice and mom and dad got their view of the water so they could see their ship the next morning.

Just call the 800 number, have your priceline confirmation number, if they say no, no changes can be made, just say ok, I understand this is only a request and ask. If they still say no, call every 4 or 5 hours, til you get someone to help you. Good luck.

Archived