Traditional British Tucker on P&O

NSWP

I have to say that I thought the food in the main restaurant on Arcadia was fair at best.

Since we began cruising we have noticed a general decline in the quality of the food and not just on P&O.

It is perhaps true to say that cruise fares are cheaper (comparatively) than they were 10 years ago, so economies are inevitable.

The most consistently good cruise food we had was on the Caronia.

Many ships now have dining venues, where for an extra charge one can enjoy a much better experience. In my opinion the meal we had in Arcadian Rhodes was excellent.

I don't cruise to eat however and no one will starve on a cruise ship!:p

I have to say that I thought the food in the main restaurant on Arcadia was fair at best.

Since we began cruising we have noticed a general decline in the quality of the food and not just on P&O.

It is perhaps true to say that cruise fares are cheaper (comparatively) than they were 10 years ago, so economies are inevitable.

The most consistently good cruise food we had was on the Caronia.

Many ships now have dining venues, where for an extra charge one can enjoy a much better experience. In my opinion the meal we had in Arcadian Rhodes was excellent.

I don't cruise to eat however and no one will starve on a cruise ship!:p

Never a truer word:p

We only have 2 meals in a day usually late breakfast/Brunch and dinner. I have attended the chocoholics only once and lunch about once per. cruise.

We do like Cafe Bordeaux on Aurora because of the delightfully small lunches you can get and for the different breakfasts again not huge portions.

I have no idea how anyone could go to a midnight buffet, as they do on other ships, I would burst.

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

instaed of the heavyweight 'p & o breakfast,' we really enjoyed the Cafe b on Aurora breakfast - a fan of assorted melon with fromage frais, croissants and good coffee - spot on. After a 4 course meal the night before, one is hardly hungry the next morning!:rolleyes:

Sue

Even the midnight buffets are becoming a thing of the past and I don't think that's a bad thing.

So much waste - beautiful displays, ice carvings etc but like you, most people don't feel like eating. It's usually a photo opportunity and maybe a nibble or two but totally OTT.

On Celebrity waiters bring round small nibbles from around 11:30pm rather than have a buffet.

I agree, Cafe Bordeaux is just right for a small snack if you can't stretch from breakfast 'til dinner.

When we were on Aurora we ate there in the evening too, the food, for me, was better than in the restaurant.

Of course food's a pretty subjective thing, for instance many people rave about the curries that P&O do but I dislike curry and the smell makes me feel ill.:(

Archived