Which Sunset Veranda, 1242 or 1246?

vjmatty

I have read some threads on both of these bacony cabins and was wondering which one has the bigger balcony and which has less view obstruction by the canopy over the bar below?

We were in 1246 in Feb. Balcony is larger than the ones to the right and the canopy obstructs the view of the bar area below. There are some small openings that you can see through to the Bar. The other balcony (1242) has no privacy at all from the bar area. Canopy was dirty and stained. Noise was not a problem. Cruise was great!

I see what you mean about the stains but it does look like you can still get a good view of the sea.... how did you like the room itself? We are only two so we don't need a whole lot of space.

Thank you for posting the pic :)

I see what you mean about the stains but it does look like you can still get a good view of the sea.... how did you like the room itself? We are only two so we don't need a whole lot of space.

Thank you for posting the pic :)

The room is just fine, with the exception of hearing the TV in the next cabin. The new flat screen TVs are mounted on the wall and the sound can be heard quite easily even when the volume is not turned up too loud. Voices of the occupants can also be heard more easily than in the older cabins....not so much tht you can eavesdrop on conversations, but you can hear the voices.

Here is another view from our balcony

524721670_Century014.jpg.62147d2caa7dc34241a494f181c23784.jpg

That's ok... marriage has introduced me to a practice of "listen to what I mean not what I say" ... ;)

:rolleyes: You got that right, ....Ever so true.....

Cheers

;)

OOPSY! Cabin number for the"no privacy" balcony above should read 1242! Sorry.

1249 doesn't have a balcony. :o

I was asked to check out 1242 last year on Century (post refurb) for friends who were holding this "sunset verandah" ....I took photos of the balcony and emailed those to them knowing the balcony was not going to be very private so they might want to reconsider their choice.

I wasn't able to look into the cabin itself but on the last night I phoned the cabin to ask the occupants what they had thought about this cabin as a whole cruise experience..they said they were very happy with the cabin..the best they had ever had...and made no mention of the exposed / oddly shaped / over the outside bar position balcony.

In fact the CC roll call group met right there under the balcony for the sailaway!

So the outcome seems to be "Horses for courses" !

Archived