3 and 4 night Cruises

OK, I'm going to put it out there. Looking for something I can do with my DD that is just long enough that we'll have a great time, and not kill each other ... LOL ... she'll be 16 in 6 weeks.

What are the best 3 and 4 night Cruises?

OK, I'm going to put it out there. Looking for something I can do with my DD that is just long enough that we'll have a great time, and not kill each other ... LOL ... she'll be 16 in 6 weeks.

What are the best 3 and 4 night Cruises?

I've been on the Enchantment to Key West/Cozumel and the Empress to Key West/Grand Cayman. Both were 4 night cruises, but the Enchantment was a far better experience. Enchantment is a larger ship and with the rainy day on Empress, we ran ou t of things to do at sea. Plus, the Enchantment was just dry docked and extended. I'll be back on her for a 5-night Grand Cayman/Jamaica cruise in September (Can't wait!).

My mom and I vacation together every year and just love the chance to hang out, catch up, etc. I'm not sure we would have tolerated each other well when I was 16, but I think it's great if you can start those memories earlier than we did. Have fun!

We just got back from the Soveriegn 4 day and we had a really good trip. We had pretty low expectations, knowing that it was their oldest ship and that 4 day cruises are just a totally different experience than the 7 day cruises, but we were very pleasantly surprised. We booked again for next year.

It is hard to say which 4 day cruise is the best for you since I don't know when you are traveling, but if you can wait until the fall, the best choice would definitely be the Navigator. Navigator of the Seas is starting seasonal 4 and 5 day Caribbean service sometime this fall.

However, if you are planning on going before that, I would look at Enchantment, Majesty, and Sovereign. Enchantment is newer and larger than Majesty and Soveriegn, but Majesty just came out of a major refurb and Sovereign had a major overhaul a couple years back and looks great.

Between the three, I would pick Enchantment, but between Majesty and Soveriegn, I would pick Sovereign because it sails out of Port Canaveral and has the day at sea instead of Key West on the 4 day cruise.

Good luck!

Definitely do the 4 nighter! By the time you get settled on the ship, the 1st day is done! Especially since you will have to travel to port--the length of cruise needs to be worth the flying hassle!!!! (You probably won't see your 16 yo much anyway--they tend to form groups and make their own fun!!!)

I'm looking at a shorter "girls" cruise also with friends. Looks like after doing the research we'll be sailing on Sovereign. Reviews look good...I'll be nervous due to the ships age/size (I like bigger).

I've been on the Enchantment to Key West/Cozumel and the Empress to Key West/Grand Cayman. Both were 4 night cruises, but the Enchantment was a far better experience. Enchantment is a larger ship and with the rainy day on Empress, we ran ou t of things to do at sea. Plus, the Enchantment was just dry docked and extended. I'll be back on her for a 5-night Grand Cayman/Jamaica cruise in September (Can't wait!).

My mom and I vacation together every year and just love the chance to hang out, catch up, etc. I'm not sure we would have tolerated each other well when I was 16, but I think it's great if you can start those memories earlier than we did. Have fun!

Totally agree about the Enchantment. My DD (14) & I cruised on her in January. She loved it for a quick getaway. We are trying the Majesty for a 4 night New Years Eve cruise this year and are really looking forward to it. Have fun with whatever you decide to do and Happy Mother's Day!

I'm looking at a shorter "girls" cruise also with friends. Looks like after doing the research we'll be sailing on Sovereign. Reviews look good...I'll be nervous due to the ships age/size (I like bigger).

Don't be nervous about the Soveriegn! We were just on her last month after only sailing on the brand new ships for a few years and we were very pleasantly surprised. She looks great for her age, the only place you really feel the age is in the Follies Theatre (quite outdated :p ). We prefer the larger ships, but Sovereign was absolutely fine for 4 days. We booked again for next year.

We have been on all of them many times. Enchantment is the nicest, but now that Majesty is refurbished, it is probably fine. Sovereign needs refurbishment. On the Sovereign and Majesty, the three nighters are Friday-Monday and the four nighters, are Monday through Friday. Enchantment varies its shedule - the four nighter is Thursday through Monday. If you are looking for the four nighter, do Enchantment. If you want a three nighter, do Majesty.

We just returned from the 4 nt Sovereign last Friday and the ship is in as great condition as it was last year...Had a wonderful time in Coco Cay and Nassau...

In January we were on the same cruise as AnneFran 5 nt Enchantment and that ship is just lovely...It sailed to Key West Coz & Belize, I would return to it in a heartbeat and probably will sometime soon:p Later, Jill:cool:

image.php?u=25407&type=sigpic&dateline=1176215136

The last time I was on Sovereign was when it did the Miami- Bahamas trip, before they moved it to Port Canaveral - I guess they must have refurbished it after they moved it. If that is the case, it sould be similar to the Majesty (although the Majesty just came out of dry dock a few months ago)

I just got off the Sovereign 5/11/07 and had a great time!!! The ship was in great condition, no complaints except the stinky sewer smell on deck nine that started just before our cabin #9568 and then extended to the rear. We could smell the stench inside our bathroom as well. We just kept the lid down on the toilet at all times and that helped a lot. This was our first RC cruise and we will definitely cruise RC again...it was a great 4 nighter!!

KruzeRcI & Jillybabes and anyone else - what deck were you on? The post from veryhotred has made some concern for me. Should I avoid a cabin on deck 9?? Was planning on booking a JS but haven't checked what deck those are on yet. Friends will likely be anywhere from deck 4-7.

Don't forget the Monarch out of Los Angeles. I looks like the OP is back east so the travel on the plane would be out of the question.. the main reason I didn't do the Majesty or Soverign. But I wanted to pop in for anyone who may be on the west coast thinking of a three or four night cruise... The Monarch sails out of Los Angeles and on the three night cruise, stops in Ensenada Mexico. The four night you stop at San Diego, Catalina Island and Ensenada, Mexico.

Happy Mother's Day and have a great time with your DD.

Dona :)

KruzeRcI & Jillybabes and anyone else - what deck were you on? The post from veryhotred has made some concern for me. Should I avoid a cabin on deck 9?? Was planning on booking a JS but haven't checked what deck those are on yet. Friends will likely be anywhere from deck 4-7.

We had a Deck 3 oceanview and our friends had a Deck 2 oceanview and neither of us had any trouble. We checked out the JS cabins (Deck 10) right when we got on just to see how they looked and we also checked out Deck 8 a couple times because of rumors of sewer smells, but no smell on any of the decks that we checked out.

If you took me blindfolded to my deck and then another, I could definitely tell you when you were on my deck, near our room, the smell was totally offensive and noticeable. Now remember that our room was near the rear of deck nine on the port side and the smell didn't start in the hallway until you got near the rear but you could smell it in the hallway and then real strong in our room. What I am trying to say is perhaps not all rooms on deck nine smelled. :D Ours definitely did, pee eww...strong stinky smell in the potty all the time to where we kept the lid on the toilet shut and the bathroom door shut at times too.

Benita - I think it went to drydock back in 2004 & pretty much revamped the whole ship from what I'm hearing.

Lots of good reviews on Sovereign on this site & the other big cruise site. If anyone doesn't know the other site, PM me & I'll let you know. For whatever insane reason, you can't mention other sites on here. Don't know what the big deal is, not like this site is selling anything & therefore losing business. :eek:

bbf, no problem!!! This was our first RC cruise and we had a blast!! Not going to let a little stink ruin the cruise!!!!! The SOV was nice, clean, and in good shape, or so appeared to us anyway. The food was better than good as was the service. Wish we had made Cococay though...but that couldn't be helped.

if you're looking for an east coast cruise and want to stick to 3 or 4 night sailings definatly the Bahamas...Nassau was one of my favorite ports so far...but if you want to go a it longer and still not do a week long cruise the 5 night Bermuda ones look fun...we're going to try one next April

Archived