Mariner - Metal Cabin Doors???

Hi ~

We are traveling with a group of 24 on the Mariner. We have purchased magnetic white boards for everyone to hang on the outside of their cabin doors. Can someone confirm whether or not the cabin doors on the Mariner are metal?

thanks,

angie

We have been on Adventure, Explorer, Voyager, and several other RCCL ships. Other than the largest suites, I believe that all of the doors are metal faced. I have not tried a magnet on them to see if they are steel, however, I would guess that they are as SOLAS rules require some sort of fire retardant capability for the doors.

Hypo

I know that C&A gave us magnets for our stateroom doors when we were on the Freedom C&A members cruise last October, and they stuck to the doors. I think the doors on all their ships are made of similar materials.

I use magnet sheet that I create for everyday of the cruise. I have had no problem with them. Decroate your door it make it easyer when you return to your cabin after a few pini colatas lOl. so have fun Hank

Thanks everyone for the quick responses. I think we're going to take a chance with the white boards. If they don't work, we've bought post-its as a back up plan. :)

Thanks again!

angie

I have been on the mariner 4 times and all 4 times I had door signs using magnets, I am positive they are all metal!

Thanks for the info everyone! I'm glad that we'll be able to use our white boards. :D

Archived