Debarking time? Connie in Dover after Baltic Cruise

mbmb

We are trying to get off the ship first for debarkation when we arrive back in Dover after sailing on the Constellation for a Baltic Cruise.

We have to make a relatively early airline flight.

I am sure it varies, but does anyone know a typical time for the earliest debarkation?

Thanks.

I don't think there is a "typical" time for debarkation, but if you are scheduled for a 7:00am arrival, they will try to get you off the ship as soon as possible. The cruise line has to rely on the port and the immigration/customs officials to clear the ship.

That said, on our first arrival at Dover (TA) most folks were off the ship by 9:00 or 10:00am. On our final stop after our Baltic cruise, we were off the ship by about 11:00am, but we did not have a flight to make and were in no hurry. Also, the weather was so bad at Dover that the port pilot refused to bring us in and we were diverted to Harwich.

There are a lot of variables that can affect the timing of your disembarkation, so I would suggest that you schedule as late a flight as you can.

Susan

I would also allow plenty of time to get to the London airports particularly if it is Heathrow - traffic delays of 2 hours are not uncommon. Immigration will be quick assuming your previous port was also an EU port. However, I would not fix any flight before 1300 (i.e. being at Heathrow by 1100 at the latest)

Archived