Holiday vs. Ectasy

LRav19

My wife and I have been on three cruises. Most recently on the Holiday last October. We are thinking about taking a cruise this November out of Galveston on the Ectasy, but this time my wife wants to be on a bigger ship. We have been on the Holiday, Celebration, and Jubilee. Will she be disappointed in the Ectasy size wise? She has really enjoyed all three cruises, but now wants to go on a ship that has the large grand atrium and so forth. We only have a few days of vacation so we cannot do the Conquest. Any help?

spacer.gifqtvr_photo_details_ho_2.jpg Class: Holiday

Length: 727 feet

Total Staff: 660

Capacity: 1,452

Speed: 21 knots

Tonnage: 46,052

spacer.gifqtvr_photo_details_ec_2.jpg Class: Fantasy (Ecstasy)

Length: 855 feet

Total Staff: 920

Capacity: 2,052

Speed: 21 knots

Tonnage: 70,367

For some reason the prices on the Ecstasy have been higher in comparison to the Fantasy. Look at both, it might be worth the 3 hour extra drive. Both ships are basically the same with interior decor different. Compared to the three ships you have listed, the Ecstasy would be a step up in size. Plus it has an atrium, more venues, larger gift shops.

Dave

For some reason the prices on the Ecstasy have been higher in comparison to the Fantasy. Look at both, it might be worth the 3 hour extra drive. Both ships are basically the same with interior decor different. Compared to the three ships you have listed, the Ecstasy would be a step up in size. Plus it has an atrium, more venues, larger gift shops.

Dave

Jetskier I went to look to compare and even though the Fantasy is lower this fall, for January, the Fantasy prices start at $279 and the Ecstasy prices start at $269, so you can get the Ecstasy lower.

Maybe that means the Fantasy prices will come down though?

Jetskier I went to look to compare and even though the Fantasy is lower this fall, for January, the Fantasy prices start at $279 and the Ecstasy prices start at $269, so you can get the Ecstasy lower.

Maybe that means the Fantasy prices will come down though?

Possible the demand for the Ecstasy is not where it has been in the past and they are finally bringing down the prices to what we have been enjoying in New Orleans and Mobile. That will be good news for those sailing out of Galveston.

Dave

We have been on the Celebration and the Ecstasy all out of Galveston,

the Ecstasy is alot bigger and more elaborate than the Celebration.

We enjoyed the Celebration just as much though. As it was our first

cruise. We are going on the Conquest in Sept and looking forward the the

size difference. Hope she enjoys!!!!!!

We are cruising Sept 30, 2007 and looking sooooo forward to it!

We have cruised on the Elation, the Ecstasy and the Celebration

so far and now the Conquest is coming up. So far my favorite has to be the Elation, it is the most beautiful ship inside and out. Happy sailing on your cruise.

Vickie:p

Archived