Best way to do Mendenhall Glacier and salmon bake--Juneau

PH8

We would like to do both......what is the easiest way??

I know RCCL offers this as an excursion(for $65).i am just not sure which place they use for the particular salmon bake.

I have been reading about Gold Creek and they sound like the way to go...

Now do we do the excursion or should we get to Mendenhall(By bus??? ).....come back to town and then take the Gold Creek bus?? Or is there someway to go to the salmon bake right from Mendenhall(without going back to town)?

Thanks for your help...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;30;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000 RCCL Serenade--5/30--Alaska

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;10;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 RCCL Jewel--10/28--repositioning

**RCCL SOS-8/27/04** Carnival Miracle-2/13/05**

Check out Mighty Great Trips website www.mightygreattrips.com They have a 2 tour special which consists of: City Tour of Juneau, Mendenhall Glacier and Salmon Bake $42/adult $26/child I believe under 12. If you want to visit the visitor center at the Glacier I believe they have a nominal cover of $3.00. This is great deal. I am booking a group for our upcoming cruise. They p/u right at dock side.

Thanks.............looks good to me...........I just emailed them a few questions........

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;30;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000 RCCL Serenade--5/30--Alaska

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;10;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 RCCL Jewel--10/28--repositioning

**RCCL SOS-8/27/04** Carnival Miracle-2/13/05**

We are booking the Helicopter Glacier Walkabout, which is a 3 hour excursion. We also want to do the Gold Creek Salmon Bake. Does the helicopter tour take you back to the ship and then can you get transportation easily to the Salmon Bake? Also, is the Salmon Bake continuous, or do they serve only at certain times of the day?

Hope someone can answer my questions. Thanks.

Yes the helicopter company will drop you off at the ship. The food is continous- last time I was at Gold Creek? Perhaps- when they open- call them and verify if this is still in practice. Yes easy to hop the bus, makes loops all day.

Archived