Southwest fares

hockeymom97

Hi there. I am a Flight Attendant for SWA. Even I sign up for the "ding" service which automatically sends hot deals to you live. Although I do have flight priviledges, I sometimes still buy tickets as the planes are sooooo full, especially going to cruise ports. So you might want to check out "ding" on their website. The deals are unbelievable and temporary AND sell quickly, so it is a nice feature to have the "heads up".

This is from the travel tips section of southwest.com

""We are currently accepting air reservations through November 2, 2007. On June 28, we plan to open the schedule for purchase through January 16, 2008. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.""

There is also a southwest blog website which talks about this. I am waiting to book my travel for my Nov 25 cruise as well!

Thanks to everyone for the responses - I guess I'll wait until June 28th and see what the flights look like at that time. Everyone keeps telling me that since it's a holiday weekend and peak travel time I should just suck it up and book what I can right now - I just find it difficult to pay almost as much on airfare as I spent on the cruise itself! So my fingers are crossed that I find a better deal than what's currently available.

And to the flight attendant - I do have DING - and you're right - there are some great deals to be had out there! I love it! In this case I'm only looking for one particular deal though =)

Archived