InterContinental Club Floor

Hi All:

We are presently booked in a Watson's Bay View Room at the InterContinental Hotel for our three days in Sydney prior to our Sapphire cruise Sydney to L.A. next year.

What I would like to know is there anyone that has booked a Club Floor in this hotel? Was it worth the additional $150.00 per day? Other than the location of the 27th thru 29th floor for your room;

Access to the Club Lounge on the 32nd floor

Complimentary breakfast buffet from 6:30 to 10:30AM

During the day you will have access to snacks & drinks in this lounge

From 5PM to 7PM you will be provided with evening drinks & canapes in this lounge

Complimentary internet access in this lounge

The opening hours are from 6:30AM until midnight.

Snowbird

I would never pay for that. I've stayed in other hotels where we've been given upgrade to those types of rooms with club lounge facilities, it is a nice to have as long as you're not paying for it. I think its a big waste of money.

I'm sure you would rather be out and about in Sydney than trying to get your $150 worth of extras in your hotel.

WOW that is a big difference - we stayed in a corner suite at the Interconti last year for a few nights - two reasons for choosing this hotel was a special occasion and we very much wanted to see the Diamond prior to her sailing back to the US - sooooo the long and short we would love to do this again - we thought it absolutely wonderful - our room overlooked the Harbour Bridge and Opera House - the views are even more breathtaking from the Club Room - for us it was a very civilised way to spend wonderful relaxing time enjoying the Sydney Harbour panorama - but then again if you are going to be out and about and not really having the time to just sit back for a good few hours and soak it up the additional $$$s may be very hard to justify......... not sure if that helps!!!!

Jane

Thanks for being a sounding board. I think you are both right. We have agreed to just keep the Watson's View Room - No Club access. As you said "We will be out of our room most of the day and evening", so no reason for the added expense.

Snowbird

Currently the IC Sydney will sell you access to the Club for AUD80.00 for 2. This is a lot cheaper than the price differential you mentioned but is only available "on the day". Of course, the price may change by the time you get there but it is worth asking as the price incudes an excellent breakfast, free internet access and drinks and savouries for a couple of hours from 5.00pm. You are also in one of the most pleasant lounges in the IC chain with superb views of the Harbour, bridge and Opera House. It clearly represents good value and if you are interested when you arrive it is certainly worth inquiring.

Archived