What room config. would you choose?

My husband and I have decided to surprise our daughters with a cruise (we won't be telling them about this until Christmas). We sailed on the Freedom last summer and loved it, and the girls have been begging to go on another cruise ever since. We've decided to do a family cruise at the end of May or early June 2008 on the Liberty. By then my oldest daughter will be married, so of course we are inviting our future son-in-law too. We are trying to decide betweem two different configurations for our rooms. We were originally going to go with a Junior Suite for my husband and I and our youngest daughter (who will be 20 at the time of the cruise) and then a balcony room for my other daughter and her husband. But when I called RCCL reservations, the reservationist was able to get us an inside room (for my yougest daughter) that connects to a balcony room for my husband and I, and a balcony room a few rooms down for my daughter and her husband. This will give us three bathrooms because we will have 3 rooms, whereas the JS and balcony room would only give us two. The only problem with this is that it will be in the back of the ship, and I am a little concerned about motion. We have only sailed in midship rooms. So, to all of you experts out there, which configuration would you choose???

Holly

Are you sailing Freedom again? Unless seas are really rough, you shouldn't feel too much motion back there. Those ships are surprisingly stable. I would go for the 3 rooms--everyone wants their privacy, don't they? That's more important than the 3 bathrooms!!!!! And, since everyone is an adult, the rooms really don't have to be within shouting distance of each other!

My brother and family have stayed in these staterooms and loved them!

If you have the extra stateroom, remember that you will have to pay for that 2nd person (or at least a single supplement), so you might as well let your daughter take a friend! :D

If you have the extra stateroom, remember that you will have to pay for that 2nd person (or at least a single supplement), so you might as well let your daughter take a friend! :D

I like the way you think!!;)

I would go with the 3 staterooms. I agree that everyone is going to want their privacy. And mayber your youngest could bring a friend, then she won't feel like a 5th wheel. Have a great time!!!

I would go w/ 3 rooms,privacy is nice.We always get aft rroms I like it better.I've been middle,front and back. I like the back the best. I wish u were my parents ,taking us on a cruise.thats so nice.

And, since everyone is an adult, the rooms really don't have to be within shouting distance of each other!

When I called RCCL, the representative asked if I wanted my older daughter and her husband in the room on the other side of ours...NO WAY!!! They will still be considered honeymooners and there are a few things that a mother just doesn't want to overhear...if you know what I mean!

Yeah, I think the three rooms will be our best bet. The other night, the 20 year old once again brought up going on a cruise and although I told her that there was no way we could cruise this summer (my oldest daughter's wedding is next month and I can't handle any more expenses right now), we could go next summer but she would be sharing a room with us. She looked horrified! LOL! So I guess we will be better off with the three rooms.

Glad to hear that you like these rooms. I went ahead and booked them for the 5 of us. After we tell the girls that we are doing this, I am going to give the youngest the option of asking a friend to join her. The reservationist said I could add someone up until the time of the final payment.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Archived