Hotel Day Use

pinebro

Just back from our Sapphire Princess cruise and we stopped at Bora Bora.

Unfortunately the hotels in Bora Bora restrict access to their own guests, unless you want to pay $30 and up to enter the hotel. We were disappointed because most of the other Islands we went to such as Tahiti, Fiji, Hawaii, Roratonga we were able to get a taxi driver to take us to a resort and use their facilites and use their beaches, the hotels don't mind because you usually use their bars and restaurants.

I was disappointed with Bora Bora, there really isn't much to see there.

M & A, What hotels did you visit for day use in Tahiti, Fiji, Rarotonga? & would you recommend them to others? We'll be in Papeete, Avatiu Harbor, & Suva this October via day stops with the Sun Princess.

Thank you.

M & A, What hotels did you visit for day use in Tahiti, Fiji, Rarotonga? & would you recommend them to others? We'll be in Papeete, Avatiu Harbor, & Suva this October via day stops with the Sun Princess.

Thank you.

I'm not sure the name of the hotel in Tahiti (maybe Pacific International), but it is just past the airport, they have the huts that are built up over the water and the coral reef.

I also can't remember the name of the hotel in Fiji but its at a place called Pacific Harbour near the Cultural Center about 45 minute drive from Suva.

The hotels were all beautiful with great facilities and the best beaches, the hotel staff didn't mind that we used their beach and swimming pool. We just bought a few beers and used their bar.

At the hotel on the beach in Tahiti they even asked us if we wanted to use their snorkel gear.

I am a member of the Sofitel Club and I emailed Sofitel in Bora Bora a few months ago asking if we could visit the hotel for the day when we are there.

They sent a lovely email back stating that was fine as long as there were only two of us and it wouldn't cost us anything for the day.

We will be there in a couple of weeks.

Jennie

• 2 weeks later...
M & A, What hotels did you visit for day use in Tahiti, Fiji, Rarotonga? & would you recommend them to others?

On Tahiti - The Intercontinental. Great show on Saturday night, if you're there for it. Best show we saw in the islands. lovely pools with waterfall, and one with a wet bar that faces the sunset. Gorgeous.

Just back from our Sapphire Princess cruise and we stopped at Bora Bora.

Unfortunately the hotels in Bora Bora restrict access to their own guests, unless you want to pay $30 and up to enter the hotel. We were disappointed because most of the other Islands we went to such as Tahiti, Fiji, Hawaii, Roratonga we were able to get a taxi driver to take us to a resort and use their facilites and use their beaches, the hotels don't mind because you usually use their bars and restaurants.

I was disappointed with Bora Bora, there really isn't much to see there.

Hmmm... I was in Bora Bora in April 2006. We used the pool, showers, private beach etc at the Sofitel for a very reasonable price, around $10 US and that included an alcoholic drink. Very pleasurable stop.

Thank you lalawgirl, for the Bora Bora information. (the Sofitel)

Can any of you suggest/recommend the name of a hotel for day use in the Pacific Harbour area of Suva? I'm also looking for a suggestion for Pago Pago in American Samoa.

Archived