St Malo?

poss

Would love to hear feedback from people who know this port. Which excursion especially worth doing? Or just spend time wandering in the town itself? Thanks much.

Would love to hear feedback from people who know this port. Which excursion especially worth doing? Or just spend time wandering in the town itself? Thanks much.

I like St.Malo,and it's a great walled city to walk around,and enjoy the ambience.I don't know what your excursions would be re the ship,but you could go to Dijon or if offered Mont St.Michel which when the tides are in sit all by itslef with the abbey uo on top.It is quite touristy and crowded in the summer BTW.If you stayed in St.Malo I am sure you would be pleased,and there are some good restos as well.

Thanks for reply. Just trying to decide whether to spend our time walking around St Malo on our own or to book a tour to Mont St Michel with the ship excursion. Dijon not offered. This will be mid-September, by the way.

Dijon is a long way from Normandy - too far for a day trip.

St Malo is a gorgeous little town and you would love walking around it - I have been there many times so feel free to ask specific questions.

Alternatively, Mont St Michel is a must see - it does get VERY busy and crowded though.

Jane

x

Thanks for reply. Just trying to decide whether to spend our time walking around St Malo on our own or to book a tour to Mont St Michel with the ship excursion. Dijon not offered. This will be mid-September, by the way.

Is the MSM a day trip or half day by chance..maybe you would still have time to walk around SM if you did the excursion.Tough choice...would epend IMHO if you just needed a day wothout going some place..then SM would be your day.Enjoy whatever you do.Sept. will be a nice to be there.

It's frustrating: The way the Mt St Michel tour is scheduled there's not time to do both it and a St Malo explore. Somehow I can't imagine docking in a town and not seeing the town; at the same time, I can't imagine being so near MSM and not seeing it. Thanks for feedback!

(Same problem in Bordeaux by the way. If we want to see St Emilion, we miss exploring the town.)

It's frustrating: The way the Mt St Michel tour is scheduled there's not time to do both it and a St Malo explore. Somehow I can't imagine docking in a town and not seeing the town; at the same time, I can't imagine being so near MSM and not seeing it. Thanks for feedback!

(Same problem in Bordeaux by the way. If we want to see St Emilion, we miss exploring the town.)

Ok..here is your solution...just do another trip either land or cruise that goes to the same areas,but this time pick what you think you really want to see and then when you go back do the other!!!If you went to Paris say,you could do a day trip trip to MSM and/or take the train to Bordeaux for a few days if you didn't want another cruise...such an excuse to go to Paris:D Enjoy no matter what you chose.

• 2 weeks later...
I like St.Malo,and it's a great walled city to walk around,and enjoy the ambience.I don't know what your excursions would be re the ship,but you could go to Dijon or if offered Mont St.Michel which when the tides are in sit all by itslef with the abbey uo on top.It is quite touristy and crowded in the summer BTW.If you stayed in St.Malo I am sure you would be pleased,and there are some good restos as well.

I have a correction to make..I meant to say Dinard would be another little town to visit..not Dijon which is no where near this area.I was helping someone else re France and i think I sent her to Dinard when I meant Dijon...oh well,I guess I will hear about it....sometimes the blonde gets in the way.I just wanted to claify my error.:D

Archived