Leaving the ship on last day

Travel3

Actually it’s both – people with early flights or specific travel arrangements (including Princess Transfers) are usually off first dependent on the time they need to be off – depending on what that leaves, the rest are usually taken off by deck, starting with Aloha…

Yes, wouldn't it be lovely if you were allowed to stay in your staterooms until your Color (Colour) was called...?

Other Cruise Lines do this and it is so much nicer than a Football/Rugby Huddle in the public rooms...:eek:

Actually it’s both – people with early flights or specific travel arrangements (including Princess Transfers) are usually off first dependent on the time they need to be off – depending on what that leaves, the rest are usually taken off by deck, starting with Aloha…

I stand corrected... Thank you.

I have never been around for that.

How does Princess know who has the early flights?? Do you have to inform them when booking?

How does Princess know who has the early flights?? Do you have to inform them when booking?

you go to the Purser's desk with proof of the flights and let them know that you need to get off as early as possible.

During the cruise they will send you a form to fill out, telling them how you are traveling home and the time of your flights etc.

sue

Yes, wouldn't it be lovely if you were allowed to stay in your staterooms until your Color (Colour) was called...?

Other Cruise Lines do this and it is so much nicer than a Football/Rugby Huddle in the public rooms...:eek:

I think you have to take your pick - other cruise lines like HAL allow you to stay in your cabin until your color is called, but then during embarkation, you can get on the ship, but sometimes have to wait for your cabin to be ready. Princess gets you out of your stateroom in the morning so the following cruise will have cabins ready when embarkation starts.

I couldn't sit in a cabin anyway during disembarkation...I'm usually up on deck walking around. And along with the huddle in the public rooms, why do stair cases become attractive places to sit only during disembarkation?

BDJAM,

I have always wondered about the stair sitters as well. I've never had any trouble hearing the announcements no matter where in the ship I am located but on every cruise the steps have been full.

If I had a vote I would vote to be able to get to the stateroom ASAP on embarkation day rather than stay there on the last AM.

On our last cruise, we stayed in our cabin until our color was announced. Eat breakfast (hubby brought a tray up to our cabin) and watched movies. Disembarkation ran way late. We weren't flying anywhere (just getting picked up by a car service and driven home) so we took it easy and didn't stress out.

On some other cruises we would just have to find some place to hang out...but not on the stairs. You would hope the crew members would force those idiots to move as they are a hazard.

On our last Carnival cruise, the comedian performed in the show lounge. That was nice.

Yes. Being able to stay in the Staterooms ois a wonderful beneit and less stressful I think for all. Not as many safety problems and arguments.

The PORT stair-dwellers are kept to a mere min. Especially when you have not many staff attending to this disembarking... WooF..:eek:

Also having the colors (colours) called the que to exit is so much the nicer. :cool:

I think you have to take your pick - other cruise lines like HAL allow you to stay in your cabin until your color is called, but then during embarkation, you can get on the ship, but sometimes have to wait for your cabin to be ready. Princess gets you out of your stateroom in the morning so the following cruise will have cabins ready when embarkation starts.

I couldn't sit in a cabin anyway during disembarkation...I'm usually up on deck walking around. And along with the huddle in the public rooms, why do stair cases become attractive places to sit only during disembarkation?

• 3 weeks later...

If your excursion is purchased from the ship your luggage is put on the excursion bus and at the end of the tour you are taken to airport. I've never done a non-ship excursion on the last day but I would guess you would put the luggage in the trunk of the taxi or van and pay extra to get to the airport.

Archived