Our 1st Hump Size Does Matter

Finally I found a thread I can relate to!

Not all humps are created equally, but I have never had a bad hump! Once after an 11 day cruise, I was glad to get off the hump...I mean I can only stay on for so long...But all-in-all...give me a hump and I will be a happy camper!:eek:

I guess that is just about all you really need to know about hump....Cabins and belconies....

I hope some of you did not read this with your minds in the gutter and take what I wrote in a different way......:eek:

Now...where is Wakelover when I need her. I know she would have some valuable input....well, maybe not valuable, but input none the less!

BILL

You mean as it relates to hump cabins? From door to railing? I just want to be sure I understand correctly.

Yes, door to railing. We were in a hump stateroom on Navigator and a standard D2 on Liberty of the Seas (7246) and the balcony on Liberty was much deeper than on Navigator. We were shocked at how deep it was.

Silly! They will only want to be my friend for my money - not my hump. :p

We were chating about hump size..... so how does $$ come it to play.OP was asking about size. in relation to hump. lol

Door to raling is way more on Freedom class as quoted by, Kewlguy that was his Q and yes they are way bigger.

We had OS on EOS a few years ago and it was nice but the balcony was 76 sq, I think, and not too wide but on FOS , OS ,is 210 SQ if I see right on there addvertasments and is way bigger on the pics I sought out..

See attached.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/554584942WMocdc?start=0

Not to come off sassy .

But I am booked on a big state room on FOS and I, spent more then, 15 k on it. for the week. So what?. I work to play hard. and you call me silly? then thats your OP..

Answer to Q at hand is. to OP. the bigger the better in my OP, but

If you can afford it then go for it .... It is way worth it.

if you pocket book can afford ,,it then go with it.

If I can only do a inside state room, as I had done in the past a few times ... then all is good UR cruizin... we all eat the same food and see the same ****.

any hump that you can get ,, is deff beter then the rest....front or rear..Hump is wher its at for me....

Just my OP...

Freedom & Voyager class ships hump balconies are no larger than the rest. Not sure what the appeal is there. I get the appeal on some of the Radiance class balconies, but not Voyager/Freedom class ships.

And yes, the Freedom class ships balconies are among the largest in the fleet. All the balconies are much larger than those of the Voyager class ship. Much deeper. Deepe enough that the side view balconies actually have sliding frosted plexi-glass doors between them. Much nicer!

We were on Ocean Village last year in a balcony cabin but unfortunately I hate heights and the balcony was so shallow that I couldn't stand going onto it in case I looked over the side and downwards.

Next year we are on Independance of the Seas in a JS on the hump so I am hoping for a big improvement. I'm all right until I go right up to the rail and look down.

I've been on a Fred Olsen ship where the lifeboat was in front of us and that was OK so it must be psychological. Later this year we have a similar cabin on the QM2 so that should be interesting.

I've had a hump cabin once on a RC cruise ship, can't remember which one but I hated it. The balcony saw so small you couldn't sit out there comfortably. No humps for me!

Ann

We're doing our first hump on AOS too I wanted to check out the balcony situation you were referring to on the deck plans.... I don't show 8604 to be on the hump. Could it have been a different cabin number??

Our cabin on AOS last week was a midship portside balcony 7578.

While on that cruise we booked cabin 8604 on Serenade of the Seas (Radiance class) for a Panama Canal cruise in april, 2008. I believe cabin 8604 is the end of the hump on Serenade of the Seas. That would be our 1st hump cabin. Clear?

We're doing our first hump on AOS too I wanted to check out the balcony situation you were referring to on the deck plans.... I don't show 8604 to be on the hump. Could it have been a different cabin number??

While on that cruise we booked cabin 8604 on Serenade of the Seas (Radiance class) for a Panama Canal cruise in april, 2008. I believe cabin 8604 is the end of the hump on Serenade of the Seas. That would be our 1st hump cabin. Clear?

People tend not to read before they post. :D ;)

Yes, you are at the end of the HUMP and yes, you will have an excellent time! But you already knew that!:D

Not sure if you ever did the Canal...if not, prepare yourself to be wowed!

BILL

Okay, obviously size does matter. i booked it because of the enhanced balcony. But, I'm at aft of the hump. Does it matter if you are in front of the hump, in the middle or behind? Lets hear from some hump vets.

Okay, obviously size does matter. i booked it because of the enhanced balcony. But, I'm at aft of the hump. Does it matter if you are in front of the hump, in the middle or behind? Lets hear from some hump vets.

This is what I'd also like to know. It seems to me that the very side hump would be best for views. But is a forward hump extra windy? and a more rear facing hump a little less windy? Or is there not that much difference?

I booked humps as close to center as possible for my TAs but slightly rear because I assumed the north Atlantic would be somewhat cold and maybe the breeze wouldn't be as nice unless it was in the heat.

We opted out of the larger aft balconies for these cruises because we decided we'd rather have a convenient location while on a longer cruise. A bigger balcony would be nice - but any balcony is great. If it's cold we wouldn't be out there too much - unless we have a wind break such as I would suspect on the back of the hump.

The only humps dead center seem to be D1s - or the real suites.

We just booked a "hump" balcony on Deck 8 Liberty for next April. It was cool as we were just on the Pre-Inaug so we got to actually go in and see what the hump cabins looked like.

Price wise it was the same price as a Deck 6 balcony room (red color). So since we had heard so much about the hump cabins, we requested and got one on Deck 8. We are so excited.

Countdown has begun!!!!!!!!!!

All things hump...

If you are at the front of the hump, you will have a fantastic view of the ship's bridge and the front 1/2 of the ship.

If you are dead center of the hump you will be able to see the full length of the ship.

At the back of the hump you will see the back 1/2 of the ship, but you will not be able to see the front of the ship.

I have always stayed on the front 1/2 of the hump and have not found it to be too windy. I have no experience to compare it to the back of the hump, but the wind was a non-issue for me!

BILL

Clear ;) :D

Sorry, I got so excited when I saw hump cabin and AOS in the same paragraph that my comprehension temporarily went out the window :D I chose to read it as it best pertained to me :D

Archived