Our 1st Hump Size Does Matter

We've just returned from our 7 day to the So. Caribbean on AOS. We were so smitten with RCL that they enticed us to book onboard for our next cruise on Serenade of the Seas through the Panama Canal from San Juan to our home port of San Francisco. And through the wisdom and experience of our fellow cruisers right here we selected our very 1st hump cabin, 8604. It appears to have a significantly enhanced balcony. Yes, sometimes size does matter when enjoying the motion of the ocean. So, I guess there is no salvation for us, we've now become balcony snobs, chair hogs (heck yeah, we put towels out) and finally yielded to the hump temptation.

When we booked our 1st RCCL cruise a couple of weeks back I had been reading all about the "humps" on Cruise Critic. I was ready!!! I proudly told the reservation lady that I only wanted a hump!

She told me (very nicely) they refer to that as the "bubble".

Oh well.....

When we booked our 1st RCCL cruise a couple of weeks back I had been reading all about the "humps" on Cruise Critic. I was ready!!! I proudly told the reservation lady that I only wanted a hump!

She told me (very nicely) they refer to that as the "bubble".

Oh well.....

That reservation lady just took the fun out of it! We will just have to pretend we didn't read that.:rolleyes:

That reservation lady just took the fun out of it! We will just have to pretend we didn't read that.:rolleyes:

Read what????:D

The bubble has burst....the HUMP is where IT is at!

BILL

I just can't get past that you are a chair hog. LOL!

Sorry, I can only work on so many things at once. Fiance said I needed to drink more so I upped the intake of pina coladas. I observed the exercise equipment was being extremely overused so I politely stayed away. There's only so much a man can take ...I was so stressed out all day trying to decide between the duck & prime rib for dinner. Had to have a chair so I cast aside my scruples & put a towel on one at 8:30 am. Take me as I am.

We've just returned from our 7 day to the So. Caribbean on AOS. We were so smitten with RCL that they enticed us to book onboard for our next cruise on Serenade of the Seas through the Panama Canal from San Juan to our home port of San Francisco. And through the wisdom and experience of our fellow cruisers right here we selected our very 1st hump cabin, 8604. It appears to have a significantly enhanced balcony. Yes, sometimes size does matter when enjoying the motion of the ocean. So, I guess there is no salvation for us, we've now become balcony snobs, chair hogs (heck yeah, we put towels out) and finally yielded to the hump temptation.

We're doing our first hump on AOS too :D I wanted to check out the balcony situation you were referring to on the deck plans.... I don't show 8604 to be on the hump. Could it have been a different cabin number??

I just can't get past that you are a chair hog. LOL!

Sorry, I can only work on so many things at once. Fiance said I needed to drink more so I upped the intake of pina coladas. I observed the exercise equipment was being extremely overused so I politely stayed away. There's only so much a man can take ...I was so stressed out all day trying to decide between the duck & prime rib for dinner. Had to have a chair so I cast aside my scruples & put a towel on one at 8:30 am. Take me as I am.

i've had the duck. it was excellent. not too fatty:p

We're doing our first hump on AOS too :D I wanted to check out the balcony situation you were referring to on the deck plans.... I don't show 8604 to be on the hump. Could it have been a different cabin number??

he's right 8604 is pre-hump territory

If size does matter, then isn't it true that all humps aren't created equal? Voyager and Freedom class humps don't appear to have the length of the Radiance class humps. Are their balconies even a little bit bigger than the average cabin? I have a hump reserved on Navigator and Independance and have come to the conclusion that they are nice for their convenient location only - not their size. Who knows the truth about size?

If size does matter, then isn't it true that all humps aren't created equal? Voyager and Freedom class humps don't appear to have the length of the Radiance class humps. Are their balconies even a little bit bigger than the average cabin? I have a hump reserved on Navigator and Independance and have come to the conclusion that they are nice for their convenient location only - not their size. Who knows the truth about size?

The length of the balconies on the Freedom Class ships are MUCH deeper than on the Voyager Class ships.

Want a big hump that your friends will want to go to your room?

Go for room 1640 on FOS

You will find out that every one will want to be your friend lol.

Cheers from Beers

Silly! They will only want to be my friend for my money - not my hump. :p

Archived