Sorobon Resort on Bonaire

boatcrazy52

Going to Bonaire in February on Crown Princess. Anyone been to Sorobon Beach Resort? Busy? Quiet? Easy going? Nice Beach?

Sorobon Beach Resort is clothing optional and people there seemed to take the option of not wearing clothes! Right next to it is Jibe City and next to that was another beach club. It was an amazing area, beautful shallow crystal clear water with terrific windsurfing. We stumbled across this on our 3/31/07 Crown sailing and spent a few hours at Jibe City. It was a fantastic day. Jibe City was great with great facilities, great food and drink and we all had lots of fun. Lovely beach and very easy going, I can't think of a better way to spend my day.

Are you interested specifically in Sorobon?? If so, be advised that it is NOT like Club Orient. The resort is a CLOSED resort. If you wish to visit their resort and beach, you need to make advance arrangements to do so. A few years ago they almost didn't let us in, even though we had made advance arrangements! We were able to pull out a printout of an email we had from them, so they did ultimately let us in. To my mind, the trip wasn't worth it unless you are looking at possibly staying at Sorobon in the future, which is why we went. Based on that trip, I personally wouldn't stay there as it is TOO quiet.

Archived