Crown - Dining Room Menus on Embarkation Day

MomGo

On our past cruises with NCL, we were able to go to the Purser's Desk or the Dining Room that was open for lunch, and look at the dinner menus for the entire cruise so that we could decide which nights to reserve Specialty Restaurants. Has anyone been able to do this on the Crown Princess?

I don't know about the whole cruise on the first day, but the dining rooms post the menus for each upcoming meal outside of the dining room.

However, if you can do a search for Crown Menus on this board, there are menus for the full week floating around. That should tell you what is being served for the week. I have heard they may be changing the menus soon on the Crown.

Hope this helps,

F

I do believe on Crown now as other vessels they do most of the time have and know the schedules for the menus given in the dining rooms.

Showing the selections I think can be done the first day of boarding so the choice of Pay as You cruise eateries... can be selected that way by the choice of selections done in the formal/main dining halls.. the Crown Princess has THRRE.

Soon there is going to be new selections as they are going to implement them ASAP. The VP of F&B, Peter, is going to be on the Crown training the Staff just prior to our cruise June 8th, 2007 AD coming up.

Calling Princess Customer Service would as well be appropriate as a booked Cruiser they want to hear from paying passengers.. that why they get paid... *S*:cool:

AAAAmerican - I never thought of calling Customer Service and asking them. I will try that and if no luck, we'll just try the Dining Rooms and Purser's Desk after we board.

C&F - I know the menus are available each day but most of the time as I have experienced with other cruise lines, if you wait until the day you want to try the specialty restaurants, the reservations are all full.

Thanks again. I was hopeful there would be someone else out there that has done this before on Princess. It is always done on NCL, probably because they have around 7 specialty restaurants to choose from.

I have sort of done this on Princess. When we sailed on the Caribbean Princess (our whole family 6 of us including 2 children), we knew we wanted to skip the caribbean menu in the dining room (we saw those menus on cruiseclues.com). On the first day I went to the line for making speciality reservations and asked the person there which day the caribbean menu would be served. He said, a specific night, we then made the reservation for that specific night, fed the kids at the buffet and took them to the kids program so the adults could have a nice relaxing dinner.

My husband and I actually went to the Crown Grill the first night. The Sailaway menu was not that interesting to us.

We had a wonderful time at the Crown Grill - only three tables were occupied but the dinner was fantastic and we tried so many goodies. Lots of great side dishes to go with the entrees.

It was a great start to a wonderful cruise. We ate in Sabatinis one other night and then enjoyed the dining room on the remaining seven days

My husband and I actually went to the Crown Grill the first night. The Sailaway menu was not that interesting to us.

We had a wonderful time at the Crown Grill - only three tables were occupied but the dinner was fantastic and we tried so many goodies. Lots of great side dishes to go with the entrees.

Did they serve you at the Crown Grill, or did you just go get your food at the buffet and sit outside? I'm guessing from your post that the food was not the same as in the dining room??

Thanks for the info, we plan on eating there some nights.

katisdale and helpmesailaway - Thank you. I'll try to find out if the menus that have been posted are in day order. I'll also go onto cruiseclues and see if recent menus for the Crown are posted. The last time I checked, they were still the old ones but that was about a month ago. We don't care for Caribbean night either, but looking at the new Emerald menu, which is suppose to be the same as the Crown, they don't have them named like that any more. Thanks again.

Did they serve you at the Crown Grill, or did you just go get your food at the buffet and sit outside? I'm guessing from your post that the food was not the same as in the dining room??

Thanks for the info, we plan on eating there some nights.

The Crown Grill is a full service restaurant with a $25 surcharge. It was probably one of the best meals we have had on Princess. There is a $9 upcharge for the larger lobster dishes.

Very nice place. :)

The Crown Grill is a full service restaurant with a $25 surcharge. It was probably one of the best meals we have had on Princess. There is a $9 upcharge for the larger lobster dishes.

Very nice place. :)

The Crown Grill is just lovely and the food is excellent, well worth the surcharge, in our opinion. The main feature is a selection of steaks, but there are also seafood dishes and I think a rack of lamb, also live lobster for an additional charge. The side dishes are like in a steakhouse -- mashed potatoes and au gratin potatoes and seasoned fries, etc.You can order all you want and as many selctions as you can eat. The appetizers are also a cut above -- I remember that I had a lobster cake followed by shrimp and pancetta bisque, then our family had a separate course of the clam entrees before our main courses. The desserts were excellent also -- there is a sampler which includes small portions of all the choices, irresistible. Decor is dark mahogany and brass, very much like a top of the line steakhouse. We are going on the Crown again in November and definitely plan on a night at the Crown Grill.

On our past cruises with NCL, we were able to go to the Purser's Desk or the Dining Room that was open for lunch, and look at the dinner menus for the entire cruise so that we could decide which nights to reserve Specialty Restaurants. Has anyone been able to do this on the Crown Princess?

Go to the main traditional dinning room of your ship. Simply explain you are planning on making reservations at one of the specialty restaurants and want to know which night’s menu you want to miss. A three ring binder will appear from behind the desk with the entire cruise’s menus listed in order. This is not magic by any means. Menus are set up weeks if not months ahead of time. When stores (food) are loaded into the ship, it is put in order of what will be served last going in first. The storage lockers for the food are large rooms that are packed wall to wall and floor to ceiling without access to the rear wall. The crew and passengers simply eat there way to the rear wall. Oh the reason for the three ring binder, every so often there is a change. Using the binder, they can just switch out a page or re-order the pages.

Go to the main traditional dinning room of your ship. Simply explain you are planning on making reservations at one of the specialty restaurants and want to know which night’s menu you want to miss. A three ring binder will appear from behind the desk with the entire cruise’s menus listed in order. This is not magic by any means. Menus are set up weeks if not months ahead of time. When stores (food) are loaded into the ship, it is put in order of what will be served last going in first. The storage lockers for the food are large rooms that are packed wall to wall and floor to ceiling without access to the rear wall. The crew and passengers simply eat there way to the rear wall. Oh the reason for the three ring binder, every so often there is a change. Using the binder, they can just switch out a page or re-order the pages.

Thank you for responding to my original post and not going on about the Crown Grill, which I have no questions about. This is exactly what we did on NCL at the Purser's Desk. They had a 3 ring binder of the dinner menus, also in order for each night, and that's how we decided which nights to eat at the Specialty Restaurants. I'm glad we'll be able to do the same on Princess and see the menus for the entire cruise. Thanks again.

Yes, we had lunch in one of the dinning rooms on the first day abord the Crown Princess. However, this was a BtoB cruise and that may have made a difference. And I think that they had a closing time of 2 PM or so. You can ask the guy that takes you to your cabin when you get abord.

Don't forget the special night for sea food. We missed it.

ken

Archived