Where does the Regatta Dock?

Many ways to determine this - some ports are easier than others.

1) Use the "Search this forum" tool at the top left of the list of threads and do a search of each port by name (making sure you spell it correctly). I would bet that most of the information you are looking for is already here since the question is asked and answered frequently, especially re the ports most often visited by cruise ships which carry mainly North American passengers. You may not find Oceania cruises (and Regatta in particular) mentioned in the post, but, in many ports, especially the smaller ones, there is only one location where cruise ships dock.

2) Post the question on this board, but don't word it generically as you have in the title of this thread. Instead, post the question for each port separately with the name of the port in the title. I'm suggesting this because, using myself as an example - I've cruised to most Northern European ports and to some many, many times, but have never cruised on Oceania. When I see the name of a port in the title of a thread (especially those I like or know are a little more difficult to navigate or find info on), I'm more likely to read the thread. In contrast, when I see a really vague, general question as the thread title, I'm more likely to skip it. Just happened to look at yours because I expected to see that you had listed the ports and was curious to see an Oceania itinerary in this part of the world.

Furthermore, people who have cruised to the port you're trying to get info about may have been on a different ship, but can often tell you that they were docked right next to yours, or that they saw yours at another pier etc.

3) Ask your question on the Oceania Forum, again, put the port name in the thread title.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51

4) Google "Port of ____" -> often the website will include a map showing the cruise terminal.

This is just a start. Hope the suggestions help.

Many ways to determine this - some ports are easier than others.

1) Use the "Search this forum" tool at the top left of the list of threads and do a search of each port by name (making sure you spell it correctly). I would bet that most of the information you are looking for is already here since the question is asked and answered frequently, especially re the ports most often visited by cruise ships which carry mainly North American passengers. You may not find Oceania cruises (and Regatta in particular) mentioned in the post, but, in many ports, especially the smaller ones, there is only one location where cruise ships dock.

2) Post the question on this board, but don't word it generically as you have in the title of this thread. Instead, post the question for each port separately with the name of the port in the title. I'm suggesting this because, using myself as an example - I've cruised to most Northern European ports and to some many, many times, but have never cruised on Oceania. When I see the name of a port in the title of a thread (especially those I like or know are a little more difficult to navigate or find info on), I'm more likely to read the thread. In contrast, when I see a really vague, general question as the thread title, I'm more likely to skip it. Just happened to look at yours because I expected to see that you had listed the ports and was curious to see an Oceania itinerary in this part of the world.

Furthermore, people who have cruised to the port you're trying to get info about may have been on a different ship, but can often tell you that they were docked right next to yours, or that they saw yours at another pier etc.

3) Ask your question on the Oceania Forum, again, put the port name in the thread title.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51

4) Google "Port of ____" -> often the website will include a map showing the cruise terminal.

This is just a start. Hope the suggestions help.

Great post! Especially the part about the "search" button. People would be amazed at what they would come up with by typing a plain question with just a couple of key words into the search box.

Cheers,

Al

How can I find out where the ship docks so I can plan my own excursions?

MIGGI -

I got lazy and just e-mailed the cruise line (Celebrity, in my case) directly. They responded a few days later with names and addresses (including berth numbers in some cases) for each port.

Al_Frescoe - I appreciate the compliment and glad to hear others are as frustrated/bewildered as I am by posters ignoring the convenience of the "Search this forum" feature of the message boards. Nevertheless, my original advice would have been more helpful if I knew the difference between right and left when describing where to find it ;-)

Peregrina651 - asking Celebrity was a good idea - I doubt all cruise lines would be as helpful or willing to share the info. IMHO the response you received is a good recommendation for choosing a Celebrity ship. Holland America staff (both head office and front desk onboard) have a habit of making up the answer to questions if they don't know it, saying info is not available, or giving out of date info.

Just a caution - sometimes the docking location is changed at the last minute - it's controlled by the port, not the ship.

Numerous times I've been on cruises where we were told in advance that we'd dock at one location, but saw it had changed when we went out on deck after arrival. I only mention this because, the first time this happened, I found myself trying to make where we actually docked fit on my map with the other location where I had been told we would dock.

-> ended up being very confused until it was clarified by an announcement of the change.

In Copenhagen the Regatta is berthing just north of the little mermaid on Langelinekaj, but on the 6th august the ship will have to move a little bit south to Nordre Toldbod because Norwegian Dream, Silver Wind and AIDAaura is filling up Langeliniekaj.

Here it is on a map

http://www.cruisecopenhagen.com/media(2505,1033)/Kort.pdf

Previous posters have been most helpful in this - especially the poster from Denmark. Please be aware that most ships dock where the Harbormaster directs them - not where they may like....

We have been in Copenhagen on the Insignia and the Regatta and have docked once at Langelinie, but last year we ended up at Freeport terminal, sometimes referred to as the Orient dock. That is a bit further out, not as convenient as Langelinie, but there will be taxis there for you.

If you wish, check with the cruise line closer to your sailing date and they should be able to give you more current information....

Archived