cancelling RCL excursion

I believe I previously read somewhere that you are allowed to cancel an RCL excursion up to a certain time. Does anyone know where I can find the cut-off times? I vaguely remember that the excursions access on the website is turned off a few days before sailing (10 days, I think???), so is it still possible to cancel a booked excursion upon embarking the ship? Does anyone know if there are penalties for cancelling? Thanks!

I believe I previously read somewhere that you are allowed to cancel an RCL excursion up to a certain time. Does anyone know where I can find the cut-off times? I vaguely remember that the excursions access on the website is turned off a few days before sailing (10 days, I think???), so is it still possible to cancel a booked excursion upon embarking the ship? Does anyone know if there are penalties for cancelling? Thanks!

You are SUPPOSED to be able to cancel if it is at least 24 hours before the booked excursion. Yes, you can cancel onboard an excursion that you had booked online.

No penalties but cancel as soon as possible after boarding so others may sign up to take your place.:)

springtexas bill..hello. do you think if you have over-estimated your physical ability to do a certain excursion, they would let you "exchange it" for another of an easier activity level? Just wondering, leaving soon.

springtexas bill..hello. do you think if you have over-estimated your physical ability to do a certain excursion, they would let you "exchange it" for another of an easier activity level? Just wondering, leaving soon.

No need to exchange it. Just cancel and book a different one.

They don't require any "excuses" to cancel, tell them you changed your mind or tell them nothing. Very easy! If you cancel prior to the 10 day close of the bookings then the credit will go to your credit card you booked it on. If you cancel on board then it will be credited to your seapass account!!

anything done online has to be done prior to 10 days before sailing (not including the day you sail). You can cancel, book, modify, etc. Within 10 days, website is frozen but onboard you can cancel up to 24 hours before excursion and get refund. If less than, it's a full penalty (unless it's cancelled by RCL or the excursion people themselves. )

Thanks for the help! You guys are all FANTASTIC as always. I can now go ahead and book that Mexican cuisine tour in Cozumel. I need to know how hot it is going to be, since there is no air conditioning at the site. Don't want to pass out during the demo. You guys gave me the perfect answer to my dilemma.

Thanks for the help! You guys are all FANTASTIC as always. I can now go ahead and book that Mexican cuisine tour in Cozumel. I need to know how hot it is going to be, since there is no air conditioning at the site. Don't want to pass out during the demo. You guys gave me the perfect answer to my dilemma.

We loved the Mexican cuisine and cooking tour in Cozumel! Check out our pics here:

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/wcarib.html

The beach is beautiful, and the cooking is in a nice shady outdoor area, so the heat will probably not be unbearable.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Mike, I have seen your pictures before (Great, BTW!) & they are one of the reasons why I wanted to book the excursion in the first place. I think a past post mentionned that they are planning to move into an air conditioned facility some time in the future, but I don't remember exactly when that was supposed to happen? That would make it just about perfect! Thanks again, Mike.

I also took the Mexican cooking class. It definitely was HOT, but it is well shaded and not too unbearable. It's so interesting that you forget about the heat. Our only problem was waiting to start. We didn't know it when we booked it, but the Freedom and Grandeur I think were also in port with our ship, the Radiance. They did an "early" excursion for the Freedom and Grandeur. We had to tender and it was a long wait to tender, then a wait for the bus to the park, then we got there and had to wait 45 minutes for the early excursion to finish. We were well "served" during that time, but it was HOTTTTTT! :)

We were able to cancel an excursion within 1 hour of its beginning due to the fact that another excursion we were on ran longer than expected. Both were booked through RCCL and we had no hassles. Normal circumstances is 24 hours before the excurision is scheduled to start.

If my RCCL seapass account ends up with a credit balance due to excursions that I have had to cancel while onboard the ship (ie: 24hrs prior), will RCCL automatically process a credit on my credit card upon disembarkation? Thanks.

If my RCCL seapass account ends up with a credit balance due to excursions that I have had to cancel while onboard the ship (ie: 24hrs prior), will RCCL automatically process a credit on my credit card upon disembarkation? Thanks.

You would be amazing if you ended up with a credit after being on board 7 days with drink purchases, the shops, photos, etc. But yes I do believe they will just credit your card. You will receive an itemized list the last night and on many of the ships you can track everything right on the interactive system on your TV.

I don't know about the timetable regarding cancelling the excursion, but we just cancelled a RCL excursion Saturday for our June 29th cruise and our refund posted to our credit card on Wednesday. That was quick!!!:D

Archived