How Far Ahead To Book A Hotel

anil099

Hey I Have a cruise going out May 31st 2007 and will be going out of Cape Canaveral...Im either gonna book the holiday inn or the express...how far ahead do you reccommend? tomorow? how fast do they generally go? will i be able to find a spot?

btw one unrelated question...Whats the difference between Carry on and luggage...is there a limit to what u can Carry on...like a handbag or a suitcase or what...because I want to carry on my laptop with me and not leave it in the luggage

I generally book my hotel rooms up to eight months out; but we cruise during spring break when demand is high. I think it would be a good idea to start making calls today since you are only 15 days away from sailing!

You can carry your laptop on. Here is the information from Carnival's website concerning luggage:

Although there is no limit set by Carnival on the amount of luggage you may bring (so long as it fits in your stateroom), if your travel plans involve air transportation, you may want to check with the airlines since the carrier may have restrictions.

Each piece of luggage must be locked (once you get to the terminal) and have a colored bag tag listing the guest's name, ship and stateroom number. Bag tags are mailed with cruise documents and additional tags can be obtained at curbside from the porter, if necessary.

Since the delivery of checked bags may take some time to reach your stateroom, you may elect to bring your own bags on board if they do not exceed 24''w x 16''h (there is no restriction on the length of the bag). Additionally, we highly recommend that guests personally carry any boarding documentation (passports, visas, I.D.), valuables, medications, and items which require special handling on and off the vessel. This advantage will ensure prompt and easy access to your baggage. Please note that Carnival assumes no responsibility for carry-on baggage.

Alternatively, curbside porters are available at the pier to take baggage to the vessel for delivery by shipboard personnel to your stateroom*. Customary tip is $1 per bag. Curbside porters are not employees of Carnival; therefore, if you experience any problems, please report them to porter management on site. Any luggage left at the pier will be forwarded at your expense. Claims for luggage loss or damage must be made in writing to the embarkation personnel prior to leaving the pier area.

NOTE: There is limited porter service on 2/3-day Cruises-to-Nowhere.

Debarkation Baggage Advice – In order to be cleared off the vessel shortly after arrival in the home port, in most of our ports, guests have the option of participating in our Self-Assist Debark program if they elect to carry off their own luggage. Please note that you should consider the size of your bag and whether it can safely be maneuvered through stairs, hallways and escalators.

Alternatively, guests can place their luggage outside their stateroom door on the last night of the cruise by 1:00am to be collected and stored in a holding area. Upon arrival at the port of debarkation, the luggage is unloaded and separated (by bag tag color) in the baggage claim area of the terminal. The guests must personally locate their luggage and either carry it out or seek the assistance of a porter. The customary tip is $1.00 per bag.

Every attempt is made to disembark guests in an orderly fashion so it is important that guests pay close attention to announcements on the morning of arrival so they know in what order to proceed ashore.

I've stayed at the Coco Beach Holiday Inn on one cruise. Good hotel on the beach and I would stay there again.

We drove to the port and didn't book any room until we got to the Florida state line. You shouldn't have a problem with finding a room in the area but if you want to stay in a specific hotel with a specific type of room, it always best to book as early as you can.

WE booked ours for the December 07 cruise on Legend At the Sh*&^%($@ Ri&^% W*** in Tamp* well over a year in advance. They took the CC numbers and sent me a confirmation. Done this in the past with no issues!:cool:

Sorry for the gobbledeygook, just making a point

I would book it when you book the cruise. When I book the Celebration I book the holiday Inn express right down the street in jax port. There is only one hotel there so it sells out fast.

Unless you're going to take what you can get once you get there, room and price, book it now.

We're not sailing til August and have had the Doubletree Westshore Airport in Tampa booked for two weeks. The Sheraton RiverWalk was more expensive. :D

Hey I Have a cruise going out May 31st 2007 and will be going out of Cape Canaveral...Im either gonna book the holiday inn or the express...how far ahead do you reccommend? tomorow? how fast do they generally go? will i be able to find a spot?

btw one unrelated question...Whats the difference between Carry on and luggage...is there a limit to what u can Carry on...like a handbag or a suitcase or what...because I want to carry on my laptop with me and not leave it in the luggage

Yes, you can carry on your laptop. The difference between carry on and luggage is large pieces of luggage dont fit thru the scanner (so they say, but my larger suitcase would and they still wouldnt let me carry it on, just carry it off).

Always book your hotel the day you book your cruise, so as to guarantee yourself the best prices. Make sure you can cancel the room however, as you should search again about two times a week, so if you find a better deal, you can book it and cancel your other room.

Unless I'm using program points/miles or desire a time-sensitive rate that requires advance booking -- I don't worry about it. Since I'm often driving to the port, I can easily complete as much as 100 miles the morning before embarkation, and still arrive in plenty of time to avoid the last-minute horde.

My last departure, I booked a chain motel at a decent price at 10 p.m. the night before leaving about 10 miles from the port, then finished the drive in the morning.

Look for the thread called "I work for Port Canaveral" on this board. There's a ton of information because several people live/work there. It's becoming a really hot thread.

Since you are leaving the 31st which is in the middle of the week, you should book soon. Doesn't get as busy during the week compared to weekend cruises as some had posted on that link.

Enjoy!! :D

Archived