much delayed massdam review continues! St. Lucia

super_grover

Day 4 of our cruise (in early april, I've been crazy busy) saw us dock in Saint Lucia. It was easter Sunday so only the stores in the port terminal were open (apperently).

I have a friend who works at a resort on St. Lucia so I took a taxi to the resort to hang out for the day. Windjammer resort is beautiful, tons of beach, restaurants, pools etc. I believe they sell day passes, it's about a $25 cab ride there and the same back to the boat so if you're looking to just be totally away from the boat and the town, this would be one way to go.

I bought a fabulous black diamond ring at one of the port shops on St. Lucia but then found it for about $200 less in the port terminal in Barbados the next day, so if you're looking for black diamonds, don't buy their line about being the only place that has them.

There was massive confusion on the boat about if the stores in Bridgetown would be open the next day, as it was Easter Monday. The port ambassador wasn't really helpful in this regard.

Everything continued to be excellent and the food and beverage server (who we found out later was on his last cruise after being with HAL for 25 years) came to our table in the dining room after we had complained about room service to take detailed notes about our issues. This was excellent.

Despite my tomato allergy being well publicized and me telling room service "NO TOMATOES" my sandwich still came with tomatoes. Thankfully, I'm not deathly allergic, but still.

Not much really happened this day, but please feel free to ask questions and I'll do my best to remember what was going on :) I didn't go into Castries, St. Lucia as they were reporting that everything was closed.

The entire island is covered in road work for the cricket world championships and it rained on and off all day.

Without getting too much into the port ambassidor mud sligning, the situation could have been made better if she had said "I don't know, but I'm going to find out" and then found out by calling her contacts at both the port stores and the downtown locations...if she has contacts or whatever.

Archived