Just Back From AOS, Aruba Route 5/6 Sailing

We will be staying at the Marriott in Dec. Are they done remodeling?

How is the hotel and rooms?

I think they are done remodeling.

The room and facilities are fantastic. Have a great trip.

Just returned from my 1st RCL cruise on Adventure of the Seas, AOS on the 5/6 Aruba route sailing. How was it? We booked another cruise while on board; does that answer the question? The ship and crew are fabulous. Loved the midship balcony cabin featuring the new bedding. Room service early morning coffee on the balcony in our bathrobes was a treat. Easy checkin, great cabin attendant. The ship is enormous and beautiful. Loved the library and view of the promenade deck. 2 dinners at Portofino were teriffic. Ice show was incredible. Great entertainment. Easy offloads at ports. Nicest dining room I've ever seen. Friendly crew. Only disappointment was the captain said "no", we couldn't take our cabin attendant home with us, lol. Sail,Snorkel, Swing excursion in Aruba was with Jolly Pirates and one of the best excursions we've ever done. Highly recommend. Happy to answer any questions. Will post review when I can. Also stayed at Marriott Stellaris pre cruise and El Convento Hotel post cruise in San Juan and happy to answer questions on those.

I am excited about the sail snorkel swim & swing excursion with Jolly Pirates! Can you tell me more about it? I wanna tell my S/O since its like the only excursion he has shown any interest in for the whole cruise...

Thanks!

Hi Polodad,

Don't know if you remember us but Tony & I sailed with you and Eileen on the Mercury, Vancouver to SFO. We took a B2B on the AOS the following year and absolutely loved it. I hated leaving her even after 14 days! Glad she's still in such great shape. We also did an excuirsion with Jolly Pirates and I still think it was one of the best excursions we've ever done!

We met some great people on the AOS and sailed on the Voyager in the Med last year with them and will board the Liberty of the Seas with them this October. (Can hardly wait!)

Congratulations on your engagement, send our best wishes to Eileen also. Would love to do that Panama Canal cruise but unfortunately Tony has to bid his vacation a year out so next year is already finalized.

We have been loyal RCI cruisers since AOS and haven't been disappointed yet.

Linda & Tony

Archived