Help needed with shore excursions !

Manish

Hello,

I really need help for planning shore excursions. Its our first Alaska cruise on Sept. 5th with our 16 month old baby.

Because of the baby, we are thinking of taking turns on the shore excursions. For the helicopter glacier landing, is it a good idea if one person does the tour in Juneau and the other in Skagway ? Or is it better if both us take turns either in Juneau or Skagway ? Are there any other excursions like these where we can take turns.

Please advise.

Thanks

Manish

I guess- I would take turns in each location- otherwise you are going to be tied up for several hours at the airport with a baby. If you want the same day for both then go out of Skagway- since the "airport" is walkable and right downtown. You could just meet up during the "transfer" of the baby and not be confined. As I mentioned before- time is short in ports. Perhaps you might want to consider a walking tour of the towns?? Maps available in ports. Bring a small umbrella stroller. Again- I wouldn't consider any tours with all of you over an hour.

I called up Temsco Helicopters and they told me that we can bring the baby on board. Since the baby is below 2, there won't be any charge for him. We can have him in our lap and when we go on the glacier we will put him in the back pack. Temsco said that should not be a problem. They do get babies on board all the time.

Manish

Archived