mcboo

Do you enjoy a Moulton Brown Soaking Onboard  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy a Moulton Brown Soaking Onboard

• Yes, every chance I get
    • Yes, once in a while
    • No, I prefer a shower
    • Never heard of a bathtub or shower

Well, I just cruised on the Seabourn Legend for the first time this past February. My Mom is a doll and surprised me by asking me to go -- just the two of us!! Mom told me all about the baths so I was looking forward to it. We were upgraded; however, it was to a handicapped suite so I didn't get to enjoy the "bath experience." Because I don't have a bathtub (just a shower) at home I know I would take every chance I could to enjoy "the bath."

As far as a bath tub.....its something that I truly relish on a ship. I have two tubs in my house plus the shower in my master bathroom....I never take a tub bath at home.......but on a ship...yes sir. I find a bathtub to be more important than a balcony these days. There is something oh so special about soaking in a tub sipping a cosmopolitan before dressing for dinner...it gives you a glow and preps you for the evenings activities.

On the Seabourn Sun the tub in my cabin was in poor condition...it required more thasn one cosmo...but looking forward to the Pride next year with gusto!

I am sailing on Seabourn for the first time in November on the Pride. Please tell me all about this "Bathtub" and drinking experience... I don't want to miss out on anything by being too shy to ask about it.

Hi Kootz,

You are in for a treat. First, the "Bath" experience. Seabourn offers a Pure Pampering Menu. This is a bath menu. You can find the menu in the medicine chest. You can pick from a number of different Moulton Brown Bath experiences that, if you wish, your room stewardess will draw for you. My favorite is the Eucalyptus Bath. It smells so good.

Of course, since all liquor is complimentary on Seabourn, you can have your stewardess bring a glass of champagne to you so you can Sip & Soak....Have a great time.

Bon voyage.

Cruis.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, there are charges for very expensive wines, but that's all, I think.

Jane

PS: Finding fault with the poll. I never looked in the med cabinet and never heard of the baths, but plan one soon. None of the categories really worked<G>.

Jane (I thought I was a seasoned know-it all until I joined this board!)

Jane...you are a seasoned sailor...you just don't overdo the pampering. I do my own bath...I couldn't in all good concience have anyone draw it for me. These kids work so hard. We never ask for any extras..we feel that what is offered is great without being greedy!

I guess bits of that are true; for example, if I dine alone in my suite, I get all the courses delivered at once and stuff the dessert in my fridge. However, I never knew about the secret jaccuzzi and never heard of the Moulton baths before this BB! However, I never opened the med cabinet, either. I am not so sure I could climb out of a slippery bath; would prefer a massage in my suite which I might do next time<G>. Of course, I feel pampered when they call me by name and know my drink plan (BBC's are my breakfast choice).

Jane in PHL~ 10 days and you can bet I am counting!

You are right! Knowing your name...drink of choice...etc..is remarkable..and indeed pampering! We continue to be amazed at the ambiance served up so continually. When you realize that these kids work tremendous hours...and sleep in non-luxurious digs...it is remarkable that they are ALWAYS so happy to do the best job possible! We have always enjoyed the staff even more than our fellow passengers..who we enjoy as well.

And then there is the social spa( not implying that those that use the forward one are anti-social)-- my husband and a few others used the warmer of the two( there are two spas -- in deference to some of the more age experienced cruisers with heart problems the staff keeps one "less hot" by the sunbathing deck) to hold court every afternoon and solve the world's problems -- champagne glass in hand natch! With Seabourn it is all about picking what you want!!! Ain't life grand. My poor hubby is back in D.C. this week on business (staying with my dad) and the one bright spot is that in less than a week we will be on Seabourn. Yee Haww!!!To those of you sailing with us let me apologize up front -- we have not seen a lot of each other the last two months since moving to Tucson so we may act like silly young honeymooners on this voyage.

Chairsin,

We were in both those hottubs also. Especially when they were serving caviar and champagne in the skybar.

Carl decided to pull out the surfboard and do (Caviar in the surf) in the hottubs. Very fun.

Enjoy,

mcboo:):)

mcboo

Are you rested yet??????

What did you think about South Beach.They gave us a condo with a heart shaped jacuzzi for two.We didn't care for the location much but the people running it were friendly and the condo was clean,I guess that's what counts.Those rum punches were stroooong.Was hoping to see you on our way back but when we got there they didn't have a room ready until to late so they put us in the Accra Hotel across the street.Whats this about American.

emmylou

We're on the Pride's 12/12 sailing, Seabourn cruisers for the 1st time. I have absolutely NO idea what it feels like to have someone draw me my bath, let alone prepare it sooo lavishly! HOWEVER, I am more than willing to go wild, dip my toe into a bit of decadence, and take the plunge. Actually, if it's as soothing as you all say, a bedtime bath nightly - rose petals? really? you all wouldn't just be pulling my leg? - will probably become de rigeur!

Can't wait to meet you all Sunday; be prepared to educate us in the ways of Seabourn!

Barbara Malony

Barbara,

Quite often we come back to our suite after dinner to find rose petals arranged on our turned back bedlinens in the shape of a heart. I always vow to do it for my husband at home --he is especially enchanted by it -- but bad me i have not done it yet.

• 3 months later...

Cruiseyguy,

Sometimes Housekeeping puts a few rose petals on top of the blanket or on the sheets in the evening, after turn-down. It's just a nice touch, and it's only a few. I usually keep them on my nightstand for a day or two, for the fragrance. If you are averse to the idea, just mention it to your stewardess at the beginning of the cruise, but it really is a nice little touch which sets Seabourn apart from the others.

Denyse

Archived