I'm New

My family and I are in the process of booking our first Carnival cruise and are quite excited. We are going on the Legend in July. We have cruised together many times as the whole family and also as smaller groups. We started with Princess and never really left. We decided that we needed an entire family vacation (10 of us) and did not like the prices of Princess, so we are trying Carnival. I really think it will fit the our family better; Princess is nice but seems a little too uppity for us.

Just wanted to introduce myself before I started asking a ton of questions. By the way, this is my first thread since Aug 2003 & I am glad to see that board is still running and as full as ever.

My family and I are in the process of booking our first Carnival cruise and are quite excited. We are going on the Legend in July. We have cruised together many times as the whole family and also as smaller groups. We started with Princess and never really left. We decided that we needed an entire family vacation (10 of us) and did not like the prices of Princess, so we are trying Carnival. I really think it will fit the our family better; Princess is nice but seems a little too uppity for us.

Just wanted to introduce myself before I started asking a ton of questions. By the way, this is my first thread since Aug 2003 & I am glad to see that board is still running and as full as ever.

Wlecome. You will really like the Legend. We booked a family cruise Last New Years for my parents 50th. Its a nice ship

Haven't been on the Legend but love Carnival. I can't say enough good things about them and will get those that fuss about things that Carnival has no control over. Like the weather.

Have fun,

Linda

Welcome back!!:D

I would have to add dont ask any questions about smuggling alcohol too!!

Oh DARN!

I am new to the board and cruising. I told my girlfriend that I found this board and she wanted me to ask about THAT!:eek:

We had a wonderful cruise on the Legend. You can read my review on the ship as well as others. We sail on both Carnival and Princess and have great times on both lines. BTW, I did not complain about the weather and other things out of the cruise lines control (we did have some). Not often that you can get 4 ports on a 7 day cruise without stopping on a private island owned by the cruise line.

BTW I did a lot of consulting work in Greenville for a Co. just of 85 and Woodruff Road. Great city, especially downtown.

IMHO, your family will have a great time in Tampa before the cruise and don't forget to go to the Bathrobe and Beer Party. By far one of the best times we have had on a cruise.

Happy Sailing to you and your family:)

Welcome..... don't ask about the dress code in the dinning rooms and you'll do fine around here :D:D:D:D

Thank you all for your great comments. I forgot how much fun just planning for a cruise is, let alone going on it. Just to answer a questions:

1) dress - don't worry - Mom requires us wear at least a suit or a tux on formal night. She reminds us it is her two nice meals a year with the whole family & she likes. Plus it makes better family portraits. I don't mind, I think it is respectful for the rest.

2) Smuggling alchohol - on Princess, I guess they were a little more leinent (sp. although I think that has changed since being purchased by Carnival). Last time we went, my carry on had 14 bottles of wine, my wifes had 4 & we checked a bag with 8 cases of beer. Wine was for dinner (we are picky drinkers) and the beer was consumed on the balcony & at the Bahamas island (there were 12 of us). We still purchased all our drinks at the shows & during the evening. We didn't sneak liquor, just bought it from room service and kept it in the room.

3) I just went and put my flip flops on !!!

Thanks again.

Archived