Need answers re: dining etc

aicruiser

Does anyone know what time you may begin to make dining reservations on the day of embarkation? Our pre-cruise guide just says "prior to 5PM" in Polo or Toscana, and I know the lines can get very long so want to get there as soon as possible. Our embarkation time is officially 3PM but have heard that you may get on sooner than that.

Is there an alarm clock in the veranda stateroom category (not Concierge level?

Appreciate any help.

aicruiser

You can make the reservations as soon as you board if you want. Make sure you know what date & time when you get to deck 10 and have an alternate date ready just in case

we found that we could get extra bookings during the cruise just check with the desk in the Terrace in the morning.

We had clock/alarms in the deck 4 cabins so I would think they all have them.

Aicruiser-

Long lines are something that really does not happen on "O". If you want to do something at absolute prime time (such as making restaurant reservations on embarcation day) There may be 2 or 3 couples ahead of you.

In fact. unless you're the type who absolutely HAS to eat at a certain hour, I'd skip making advance reservations altogether, unless a special occasion is involved.

If you're flexible about the hour, you can always make same day reservations in any of the restaurants.

On our first O Cruise, we made a bunch of reservations on the first day, and were sorry that we locked ourselves into those plans so far in advance.

Two things you should know before you take our advice: eating at 8:30 or 9 is normal for us, at home, and, we enjoy our pre dinner cocktails, so we're more relaxed than most about the time we eat.

Enjoy your cruise!

I agree with JimandStan. In Singapore there's a saying 'kiasu'' - it sort of means, 'die die, it must be me first''. There was a little kiasu type behaviour about booking dining rooms the first night on Nautica, and I fell into the trap of booking two nights in advance because it was our frist cruise and I thought if I didn't get in everyone else would. In the end we didn't want to go on one of those nights and cancelled, but then we booked two extra nights at Polo just on a whim on two mornings and had no trouble. As the ports become more intensive and people get more relaxed, things chill out. That was out experience anyway - and we didn't have any sort of priority cabin, far from it.

Archived