Live blogging from Mariner Western 5/20-5/27

Hello one and all! I've created a vacation blog that I'll be posting to from the Mariner Western May 20-27. The link is:

http://www.marinerwestern.blogspot.com/

It's sparse at the moment because I'm still packing and finishing up work (so I can go play!). Also note that I'll be including a post or two from our pre-cruise trip to St. Augustine. Bear with me on that -- I'll get to the cruise stuff as soon as I can.

Feel free to comment here or on the blog.

And be sure to let me know if there's anything specific you'd like to know. (Better to send those requests through the blog -- as I'll get an automatic email when there's a post.)

I'll check back here as often as I can too.

Tidal Creek, one question I have been trying to get answered is how the tenders in Grand Cayman work on the Mariner. We have an early private excursion booked and just wondering if we will have any difficulties getting off the ship early. If you could find out how it works and if it is possible to get off early that would be great.

Have your blog bookmarked so I can check back in. Reading all I can on the Mariner, we sail in just over 4 weeks!! Seems so close, yet so far away. Enjoy your cruise! Thanks!

Tidal Creek, one question I have been trying to get answered is how the tenders in Grand Cayman work on the Mariner. We have an early private excursion booked and just wondering if we will have any difficulties getting off the ship early. If you could find out how it works and if it is possible to get off early that would be great.

Have your blog bookmarked so I can check back in. Reading all I can on the Mariner, we sail in just over 4 weeks!! Seems so close, yet so far away. Enjoy your cruise! Thanks!

I'll be sure to pay attention to the early tenders in Grand Cayman. I can't remember what time we have an excursion (my daughter is taking care of the excursion details -- I'm just along for the ride ... and blogging), but I'm always up early, so I'll be able to get the news.

Sooo not computer savvy and have never blogged?? So I will click on ur link and wait with anticipation.. We don't leave for our honeymmon until Sept on the Mariner (Western) but i really appreicate your efforts.. I love reading about people's expreiences.. so thanks.. in advance and I hope you are having a GREAT trip!

Kat

I have been checking the blog daily, thanks for doing that. My question is this: Who is the cruise director? If it is Becky, how long will she been on? (I am wondering if she will be on June 17.) Thanks

We just got off the Mariner (5/20) and Graham Seymour (CD), told us that 5/27 he would be leaving and Becky was coming back on. So yes, you should have Becky on your cruise.

By-the-way, Graham was a great CD

We just got off the Mariner (5/20) and Graham Seymour (CD), told us that 5/27 he would be leaving and Becky was coming back on. So yes, you should have Becky on your cruise.

By-the-way, Graham was a great CD

Ah ... thanks for getting that answer for me, cruizinmini! :) I was going to try today to find out if he was staying on.

Those of you following this thread for answers, please note that I'm posting more often to the blog than to this thread. (Nothing against the forum ... it's just difficult to find this thread when it moves over to the second and third page of the forum ... and easier to go to the blog and post.)

We are having a good time. The weather's beautiful (despite forecasts of thunderstorms and 70% chance of rain and such), food is delicious (and I don't have to cook any of it ... woo-hoo!) and entertaining and activities great. Full review when we get back...

Hello one and all! I've created a vacation blog that I'll be posting to from the Mariner Western May 20-27. The link is:

http://www.marinerwestern.blogspot.com/

Great Blog.

Thanks for taking the time to give us the highlights of your trip.

We will be on EOS Saturday and Ocho Rios on Monday :D :D

Archived