Question for Ine in Amsterdam

Is there somewhere to purchase drinks near the pier? Thought I could drop my luggage and pick up a few items.

After reading about all the restrictions on liquids being brought on board, I was a bit concerned and want to include my stash with the rest of the luggage that I will hand to the porters for delivery to my room -- and then hope that it actually makes it on board.

The ships don't offer caffeine free diet sodas, so I'm hoping to bring my own.

Is caffeine-free diet Coke (not Pepsi) sold in the Netherlands?

Thanks!

I just returned home from a cruise to Norway..

I will have a look around in the grocery-stores for you, I am not sure if caffeine free dieet is sold here.

There is a small grocerystore (AH) inside Centraal Station, not too far from the cruise terminal. Also at the airport., after clearing customs, baggage claims etc. before you go outside, you will see a nice shoppingcenter that has a supermarket.

Can the taxis in Amsterstam hold 4 people with luggage (probably 4 bags)? What is the difference in price between taking a taxi and the train to the port?

Some but not all taxis can hold 4 passengers with luggage.Depends on the type of car. Official taxis can be found in front of th arrival hall, so you see what cars are available.

Another option is this site on which you can check the rate for passengers and luggage and maybe make a reservation.:

http://www.schipholservice.biz/indexeng.html

Traintickets one way to Centraal Station: 2nd class Eur. 3.60 p.p.

1st class Eur. 6.10 p.p. Keep an eye on ALL your luggage at all times.

During rushhours in the morning trains can be rather full.

From the station either take tramnr 25 to the cruiseterminal, walk for about 10/15 minutes. Cab might be around Eur. 10.- or more, since there is a minimumrate.

I will have a look around in the grocery-stores for you, I am not sure if caffeine free dieet is sold here.

There is a small grocerystore (AH) inside Centraal Station, not too far from the cruise terminal. Also at the airport., after clearing customs, baggage claims etc. before you go outside, you will see a nice shoppingcenter that has a supermarket.

Ine -- Thanks for your help! I will check out the places you suggest.

Archived