National Parks Passport Stamps

In-the-Glade

As a fellow passport book holder myself I know how important this question is!

Here is a link that I found. It does say that the stamps will be available but it would be nice to actually have someone verify it that has been onboard. We are going to Alaska next year and I'm taking my passport. I was able to get the Virgin Island stamp this summer from St. John and I'm thrilled~it's the little things in life.:)

http://www.nps.gov/glba/planyourvisit/cruise.htm

The park rangers who board your ship will set up a table in one of the rooms on the ship. Last year they brought along their stamp - so just be sure you visit their bookstore/table. It will be announced on your ship or in your daily patter where it will be.

I bought mine at a National Park in San Diego and have had a great time searching out the little corners where the parks hide them. I got them for my kids years ago but never thought to buy one for myself until about 2 years ago, so I have to go back to all the places we took the kids so I can get mine stamped too! But I would love to have some from Alaska--what a treat!

They cost less than $10 and are small and easy to pack and I wouldn't go anywhere without it now.

Thanks Cruisin' Kayakers for the link to Glacier Bay's website, don't know why I didn't think of looking there first. And thanks to FTI for the first hand answer.

NancyIL, you have to purchase them seperately. I would guess that if they are setting up a spot to buy things they will probably have a few passport books for sale as well. It would make a nice souvenir from Alaska. It comes with a map and a list of National Parks that fits in a plastic pocket in the book. Just wish I had gotten mine sooner.

Archived