Megatrain ?

Megatrain goes from the Southampton Central station to Waterloo station. What is the easiest way (with luggage) from Waterloo station to Gatwick airport? Is it the Gatwick Express from Victoria station? How does one get from Waterloo station to Victoria station? What would a taxi cost between the two stations? TIA for any clarification.:)

Hi pandaTO

I am a bit confused, :confused:where are you traveling from, London or Southampton?

Do you have to go to London for some reason?

There are trains direct from Southampton to Gatwick, takes about 2 hours, not exactly an express but it is direct.

Never heard of a Megatrain!!!!!! :confused:

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

Megatrain is an inexpensive train service, check megatrain dotcom. At times 1GBP per trip!

We are looking at the Southampton - London route post cruise. However this train lets off at Waterloo station.

We need to get to Gatwick. I believe the Gatwick Express starts from Victoria station.

My ? is easiest way from Waterloo to Victoria station with luggage?

Looking for suggestions. Thanks

Just looked and see that megatrain is real!!!

Never seen any publicity or adverts for this though - which there was loads when megabus launched.

Sorry again! I'd try and find out if it would be cheaper to get advance train tickets to gatwick from southampton as I'd recommend getting a taxi from Victoria if you have luggage which would prob cost a bomb.

Good luck

Megatrain is an inexpensive train service, check megatrain dotcom. At times 1GBP per trip!

We are looking at the Southampton - London route post cruise. However this train lets off at Waterloo station.

We need to get to Gatwick. I believe the Gatwick Express starts from Victoria station.

My ? is easiest way from Waterloo to Victoria station with luggage?

Looking for suggestions. Thanks

I think you need to forget Megatrain and simply get a train direct from Southampton to Gatwick. This will be far less hassle with no changes and just as cheap in the long run.

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

Will most likely take the direct Southampton - Gatwick train.
That is definitely the most sensible thing to do.

But if you do find yourself on a Southampton-Waterloo train, get off at Clapham Junction if the train stops there (probably the last stop before Waterloo), and change there for a train to Gatwick. It won't be the Gatwick Express, but plenty of other trains will go to Gatwick. If you can, choose one that stops only at East Croydon then Gatwick, or one that has very few more stops. Some of the slow trains that stop everwhere are very sloooooow.

If the Southampton-Waterloo train does not stop at Clapham Junction, then get any train from Waterloo to Clapham Junction and change there.

The only downside of changing trains at Clapham Junction is the possibility that you may have to hump your luggage up and down stairs when changing platforms. I don't know if there are lifts there.

Archived