Diamond Princess not sold out 1 week to cruise

stromer

I am on the May 26 Diamond and there are still 7 balconies available at the same price it has always been in the past. Does any one know what Princess will do to sell out these cabins?

1. Will they sell out their cabins by lowering the price? If yes, when

2. I have offered to upgrade to one of these balconies for a fee but Princess said no. Has anyone been able to upgrade at the last minute (1 week or less to the cruise date) for a fee to a unsold higher grade cabin?

3. I have asked my travel agent to upgrade me if the price is lowered by Princess, but they say they have to look for the lowered price and Princess will not inform them of it - thus they may miss the price lowering and someone else might get it.

Any information on this will be appreciated,

Thanks - Rick

They most likely will give those balcony cabins to people with lower cabins. This is done randomly and done by "upgrade fairies". It is impossible to figure out who will receive an upgrade and who will not.

If you approach Princess about upgrading, they will quote you the usual upgrade cost. Princess does not make "deals" at the last minute to people when it comes to upgrading like some of the other lines do.

Archived