Room service and tipping?

alaskafirsttime

We are going to Alaska on the Celebrity Mercury leaving this Thursday. We are in a concierge class room. We plan on ordering breakfast to the room most mornings and will probably order dinner to the room a couple of nights as well since we will be on excursions until 9pm. Do you give a tip each time you order room service and if so how much each time?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

I tip depending on who delivers it. If it is someone other than my regular steward/stewardess a tip is appropriate everytime it is brought. If delivered by your steward/stewardess, I adjust the tip at the end of the week accordingly. No hard and fast rules on this.

We are going to Alaska on the Celebrity Mercury leaving this Thursday. We are in a concierge class room. We plan on ordering breakfast to the room most mornings and will probably order dinner to the room a couple of nights as well since we will be on excursions until 9pm. Do you give a tip each time you order room service and if so how much each time?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

We always tip $2 for room service. There are no guidelines and it is totally up to you.

We tip $2 for light breakfast, $3 for larger breakfast and $5- or $7 for dinner - for two. We gave more when there were four.

We keep some ones and fives in the drawer just for room service. We traveled in a large group and even the kids knew where the money was, how to call and how much to tip.

"We keep some ones and fives in the drawer just for room service. We traveled in a large group and even the kids knew where the money was, how to call and how much to tip."

VERY GOOD idea!

My favorite room service tipping story happened to me. I called for some cheese and crackers one night while my DH was in the shower. When he came out and I told him he said he didn't have nay small bills. I had none. I was so embarrassed when the guy came with the platter that I gave him my smalles tbill---a $20!

For the rest of the cruise, no matter how far away he was, when that man saw me he waved and smiled. I think he would have thrown himself under a truck to save mey life. It was an expensive lesson to learn but I did make his day!

So yes, keeping small bills handy is a good idea.

Just returned from Alaska (Infinity). We gave 2 bucks for coffee, lite breakfast trays in the am. Our room steward took our dinner orders directly from the menu, we did that a couple of times and gave him 5 bucks with each order.

by the way, we saw bears, whales, otters, sea lions, seals, eagles and I was so lucky, I saw a squirrel too,

Archived