Barbarians Breach Walls...Jeans are OK

SHINEMAN

And since blue jeans and caps are considered resort casual by NCL, what is the beef?...Finally, at least NCL says what their dress policy is.

Well, are blue jeans considered resort casual by NCL? A few people keep saying they are, but NCL's website says this:

What is the dress code in dining rooms?

"Freestyle Cruising gives our guests the freedom to dress as they please. Resort casual attire is always appropriate morning, noon and night. However, NCL/ NCLA does not allow any blue jeans, t-shirts, shorts, cut-offs, tank tops, bare feet, etc. in any of our fine dining restaurants for dinner, including all main restaurants, alternative restaurants, and cover charge venues.

Guests are allowed to wear blue jeans, shorts and t-shirts, in the evenings at the buffets, outdoor barbeques, and 24-hour venues, such as the Blue Lagoon, the Cadillac diner, etc.

Below are a few exceptions to the dining room dress code:

Blue Jeans will be allowed in all dining rooms on all Houston departures, due to the Texas culture.

Blue Jeans will be allowed in the Trattoria's in the evenings.

Bermuda shorts with knee high socks, or Scottish kilts with knee highs will also be allowed in all dining rooms in Bermuda as these are considered formal dress in Bermuda.

Hawaiian shirts are allowed with proper slacks in all dining rooms.

Ladies Capri Pants, which are a length between the knee and ankles, are acceptable in all fine dining rooms as long as they are not blue jean capris.

And recent cruisers have posted photos in which this policy is reiterated on signs outside the dining rooms.

There's a difference between "NCL considers blue jeans resort casual wear" and "NCL often allows people outside of the Texas 'culture' to get away with wearing blue jeans in the main dining rooms, despite its policy saying otherwise."

I do understand the problem the crew has dealing with surly, belligerent, 'It's my vacation and I'll do what I want' passengers, and obviously the line has told its employees to use discretion to forestall passenger temper tantrums. But it surely would make it easier on the rest of us, who have the courtesy to attempt to observe any given dress policy, if NCL would either consistently enforce the "no jeans in the main/specialty dining rooms" policy or actually get rid of it.

. You are decades behind the times, fashion wise.

No, that's just your opinion and in no way makes it a truth.

I do understand the problem the crew has dealing with surly, belligerent, 'It's my vacation and I'll do what I want' passengers. But it surely would make it easier on the rest of us, who have the courtesy to attempt to observe any given dress policy, if NCL would either consistently enforce the "no jeans in the main dining rooms" policy or actually get rid of it.

I totally agree!! NCL isn't the only line that doesn't enforce their policies...Carnival is the same in this area. It's frustrating.

But I replied to baseball caps as well, if not on this thread, on another. Baseball caps follow the same etiquette rules as derby hats. Jeans are perfectly okay with ships sailing from Houston (Texas), they should be perfectly okay from anywhere else too.

Fashions change, please don't leave proper attire at pre World War I or II era. CQ is the American male fashion authority today, has been for several decades. You are decades behind the times, fashion wise.

You may be absolutely right there...but come to think of it, I haven't seen a baseball cap in GQ for years other than on a baseball player... and he wasn't sitting down for dinner in a restaurant or on a cruise ship either. Have to give him points though, the bill was in the front...

When we have passengers attempting to bootleg liquor and bring cases of soda and water aboard to save a few dollars, it isn't surprising to see many other passengers refusing to wear an expensive dress or suit either. I find it amusing that so many spend thousands of dollars on a cruise and won't pay extra dollars for passports, surcharged restaurants, shore excursions, insurance, and more appropriate formal attire.

I find it amusing that so many spend thousands of dollars on a cruise and won't pay extra dollars for passports, surcharged restaurants, shore excursions, insurance, and more appropriate formal attire.

I often agree with you Don, but this time I don't understand why you would find any of this amusing. It's their vacation, IMO they should enjoy it their own way (within whatever the rules might be).

Why do you keep asking that question, when those of us who do care have answered it? Again... the answer is... Because it ruins the ambiance of the dining experience.

Ho hum, here we go again. I am bored with your attutude.

I am not breaking ANY rules now by wearing jeans and I am perfectly entitled. Too bad for the clothes police, you will probably all be out of a job soon!

If you can't get past that, I suggest cruising another line instead of insulting and badgering the people that care to wear jeans that they are perfectly entitled to wear.

BTW, I looked GOOD in my dress jeans, dress boots, and sexy top.

Ho hum, here we go again. I am bored with your attutude.

I am not breaking ANY rules now by wearing jeans and I am perfectly entitled. Too bad for the clothes police, you will probably all be out of a job soon!

If you can't get past that, I suggest cruising another line instead of insulting and badgering the people that care to wear jeans that they are perfectly entitled to wear.

BTW, I looked GOOD in my dress jeans, dress boots, and sexy top.

Yesterday I asked for the namecalling, etc to stop. Unfortunately, it fell on deaf ears.

Archived