Mercury vs. Millenium

I've never sailed with Celebrity before...can someone please let me know the pros and cons of these two ships?

We will be taking two teenage boys, so the teen activities are important.

Any tips regarding stateroom location to avoid noise and other sleep disturbing events would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Millie is newer and roughly 18% larger but carries only 100 additional passengers. The M-Class ships were the absolute favorites of travel professionals and frequent cruisers alike when they first entered service, and they remain highly regarded today. IMO, the aft Concierge Class cabins are still some of the best values at sea if you book early enough to grab one. M-Class CC cabins in general are 20 square feet larger than standard cabins (190 vs. 170 square feet); CC on Mercury are the same size as the standard cabins (170).

Having said that, Mercury is no slouch. Although smaller and older, there are some very nice touches on board. On the M-Class the T-Pool doubles as the indoor pool. Mercury has the real deal. The indoor pool is in a totally separate area and the T-Pool is truly therapeutic with much stronger jets and whirlpools. Yes, they charge to use it, but it's well worth it (and the price includes the steam room as a bonus). The pizza/pasta station is completely separate from the buffet on Mercury, and provides a quieter locale to enjoy lunch. At breakfast, it doubles as the famous waffle station. On the other hand, a similar space on Millie is used for the Aqua Spa Cafe, which doesn't even exist on Mercury.

All in all, I give a slight edge to the M-Class. However, Mercury is a fine ship and you'll have a very enjoyable cruise should you choose to sail on her.

I've never sailed with Celebrity before...can someone please let me know the pros and cons of these two ships?

We will be taking two teenage boys, so the teen activities are important.

Any tips regarding stateroom location to avoid noise and other sleep disturbing events would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi:) they are in different classes of ships.

Mercury is 77,000 tons in the C-Class of ships

Millennium is 91,000 tons in the M-Class.

Millennium is newer and larger with more bells and whistles.

I have sailed both ships and would go on either again.

I can't help you with the teen activities part as I have

no kids. But both offer kids programs. And it also depends

when you are sailing as to how many other kids might be

on board.

I just sailed Mercury for the 3rd time in March. She

is one of my favorite ships:)

Millennium has a "Specialty Restaurant" which is on all

the M-class ships. It is 30.00 per person and you could

compare it to a 5***** restaurant at home. It is called

OceanLiners and its wonderful.

Mercury doesn't offer that option.

Hope this helps a bit.:) I am sure other folks will

reply too.

On Millennium, no matter where you want to go, it is 100 feet further away than on Mercury... You get the same amount and quality of food on both ships but you have more opportunities to wear it off walking from one end of Millennium to the other in search of your destinations.;)

I like the smaller ships better.

Millie is newer and roughly 18% larger but carries only 100 additional passengers. The M-Class ships were the absolute favorites of travel professionals and frequent cruisers alike when they first entered service, and they remain highly regarded today. IMO, the aft Concierge Class cabins are still some of the best values at sea if you book early enough to grab one. M-Class CC cabins in general are 20 square feet larger than standard cabins (190 vs. 170 square feet); CC on Mercury are the same size as the standard cabins (170).

Having said that, Mercury is no slouch. Although smaller and older, there are some very nice touches on board. On the M-Class the T-Pool doubles as the indoor pool. Mercury has the real deal. The indoor pool is in a totally separate area and the T-Pool is truly therapeutic with much stronger jets and whirlpools. Yes, they charge to use it, but it's well worth it (and the price includes the steam room as a bonus). The pizza/pasta station is completely separate from the buffet on Mercury, and provides a quieter locale to enjoy lunch. At breakfast, it doubles as the famous waffle station. On the other hand, a similar space on Millie is used for the Aqua Spa Cafe, which doesn't even exist on Mercury.

All in all, I give a slight edge to the M-Class. However, Mercury is a fine ship and you'll have a very enjoyable cruise should you choose to sail on her.

The T-pool is adults only both on Millennium and Mercury. Depending on the ages of your teens, they might not be allowed to use it.

Millie has the Aqua Spa cafe, a larger gym and a larger T pool which is free to use. There is also a specialty restaurant.

I was underwhelemd by my Oct. 2005 Mercury cruise and will not be booking her again anytime soon but did book Summit for 2009.

I prefer the M class ships.

Millennium has a "Specialty Restaurant" which is on all the M-class ships. It is 30.00 per person and you could compare it to a 5***** restaurant at home. It is called OceanLiners and its wonderful.

Just to avoid confusion, the restaurant on Millennium is called "The Olympic." It is as good as you say.

Just to avoid confusion, the restaurant on Millennium is called "The Olympic." It is as good as you say.

Thanks for the correction....I got the ships mixed up:eek:

Archived