Cutty Sark, Terrible News

The organisation has been very quick to start an online donations page if anyone wants to help financially. The site is particularly good for UK taxpayers because it makes it very easy for the donor to elect to use Gift Aid, and for the charity to reclaim the consequent tax refund from the Inland Revenue. But the site will accept donations from anyone.

I first saw it at about 6 pm last night (London time) when only the first £10 donation was on it. Half an hour ago, it was almost at £9,000 and it's taken almost £500 more since then.

What horrid news! We visited her last summer, it was one of the highlights of the trip for my husband......He has wonderful memories and pictures. I'm so glad we didn't wait until our next trip to see her.

I do hope they don't find it was set intentionaly. It makes no sense the things people will do :(

Recent news indicates they think they can rebuild the ship. Since in was under renovation, many parts of the ship (masts etc) were off the ship and not damaged. Also important is that the steel structure was not damaged.

Archived