Orca Enterprise

kellywhitehills

We're booked with Marv&Harv for a whale watch on our Sept. Infinity repo. Eileen answered my mail within a couple of hours and said not to even bother with a deposit. Since our cruise is so late in the season, if the whale watch has to be canceled for weather reasons (although rare), she thought it would be easier not to have the difficulty of refunding or phoning back and forth. We're hard to contact since we live in Europe.

I think that's more than just satisfactory! Up to now, their company has been great to work with - can't wait for the actual trip.

Goodness--here you are over here too...We are on Summit repostioning--leave Vancovuer on Sept 14th--arriviing down in San Diego Sept 28 & staying the weekend in SD. Just wondering without looking for your ship what your dates are since the links aren't working

I received a confirmation by email within a week of booking with them, and the information page does say (and is highlighted) that "Cancellation policy is $25 charge per person per trip up to 72 hours prior to thrip departure. No refund for cancellations within 72 hours unless vendor cancels the trip." They also told me about the policy when I booked the trip with them over the phone...the woman I spoke with there was very helpful and answered my numerous questions with a lot of patience...I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, though. Hope you enjoy your trip!

OOPS--guess I should have read theu them ALL--seems like a bunch of us DO have the hightlighted part--but I don't remember if it is showing on their site--perhaps only on the final comfirmation.

OOPS--guess I should have read theu them ALL--seems like a bunch of us DO have the hightlighted part--but I don't remember if it is showing on their site--perhaps only on the final comfirmation.
IF you received the written confirmation then yes you do have the highlighted part about the cancellation fee. The problem comes with proving they actually told each and every person who called to make reservations or that everyone gets the written confirmation - which it appears they don't. The cancellation policy is not on their website so it is unfair to assume that every one who makes a reservation is aware of the policy.

I wonder if they are being bombarded because they too told me it would be 2 to 3 weeks to get my email confirmation. I booked this on the 16th and still no emial and yes I check my spam mail several times a day. When I asked if I did not receive before we left she said to call and they would try to get it emailed. We leave 3 weeks from Saturday so there is time but I too admit it is a bit strange to take that long to get a confirmation for the tour. Like I stated already it hit my Credit card immediately.

I booked ours on 5-19 and was told 2-3 weeks. I also had called and sent emails and no response. I do not have spam filters turned on since I maintain 1 email address for all of the junk and another that is only given to friends/family. Once I did get them on the phone, I was very pleased with their service and info. I realize that they are a small, seasonal company, therefore, they are very busy this time of year. I know that you get what you pay for, and really, I am not paying for their customer service. I am paying for some awesome whale watching experiences, and so far, everything that I have read seems to guarantee I will not be let down.

IF you received the written confirmation then yes you do have the highlighted part about the cancellation fee. The problem comes with proving they actually told each and every person who called to make reservations or that everyone gets the written confirmation - which it appears they don't. The cancellation policy is not on their website so it is unfair to assume that every one who makes a reservation is aware of the policy.

I am as the others also on this--I found the paper notes (on 3/7 & I DID get the confirmation notice the same day--it WAS a snow storm day & she was the only one in as she had 4-wheel drive) I took when I called Pam & she also mentioned the $25 pp cancellation & the 72 hours. But yes I haven't found anything on their site to say that either

Goodness--here you are over here too...We are on Summit repostioning--leave Vancovuer on Sept 14th--arriviing down in San Diego Sept 28 & staying the weekend in SD. Just wondering without looking for your ship what your dates are since the links aren't working

Great minds think alike! I guess we'll just have to meet in Auckland, when you are jumping off ship and we are jumping on. In Vancouver we are missing each other by just a couple of days.

Sorry that our dates aren't showing up. Must be you are using AOL -- then the calendars don't appear. Will add the information in text form -- can't hurt.

Great minds think alike! I guess we'll just have to meet in Auckland, when you are jumping off ship and we are jumping on. In Vancouver we are missing each other by just a couple of days.

Sorry that our dates aren't showing up. Must be you are using AOL -- then the calendars don't appear. Will add the information in text form -- can't hurt.

Nope no AOL--just using cable...seems to be alot of people not seeign them tho..we arrive in Auckland on Feb 3--then leave for the States on the 5th. Yes after this last calendar thing--I changed my own to another place & added text..so how many days is your Alaska cruise? seeign as I can't see them....wasn't able to find a repo cruise where does it start/end?

We do arrive in YVR on the 13th (Sept) & stay overnight.

Nope no AOL--just using cable...seems to be alot of people not seeign them tho..we arrive in Auckland on Feb 3--then leave for the States on the 5th. Yes after this last calendar thing--I changed my own to another place & added text..so how many days is your Alaska cruise? seeign as I can't see them....wasn't able to find a repo cruise where does it start/end?

We do arrive in YVR on the 13th (Sept) & stay overnight.

Hi Syl,

I adjusted my "signature" so there's at least a little bit more information if the clock doesn't show up. We're on Infinity leaving Vancouver Sept. 16 and ending in San Francisco on the 29th.

Hi Syl,

I adjusted my "signature" so there's at least a little bit more information if the clock doesn't show up. We're on Infinity leaving Vancouver Sept. 16 and ending in San Francisco on the 29th.

You get on 2 days after us & we land in San Diego on the 28th--well we are following each other. So do you see my calendar? The one I used to have ended up with red X so found one I could figure out how to work & used it...Have tried to figure out why I can't see them--some I can--aw well..have a great cruise...

Archived