Sun Princess in Australia year-round

maybe we have to dance for our supper!!!

:D

Horizon Court is for breakfast & lunch buffets. I believe this reverts to an entertainment venue after hours.

There IS a disco \ nightclub called Shooting Stars. It is on deck 7.

Even us SKIs love to rattle our canes once in a while. ;)

:D

Horizon Court is for breakfast & lunch buffets. I believe this reverts to an entertainment venue after hours.

There IS a disco \ nightclub called Shooting Stars. It is on deck 7.

Even us SKIs love to rattle our canes once in a while. ;)

Forgive me.:o I thought the Horizon court was open 24 hours like the rest of the Princess fleet. Also it looks as though there is no Anytime Dining either.:(

From the Deck Plans, Shooting Stars didn't look like a disco to me. Where is the dance floor? I notice alot of tables and chairs around in the plans as well as the bar, but can't seem to find the dance floor.

What a shame it isn't a ship with MUTS!!:(

Forgive me.:o I thought the Horizon court was open 24 hours like the rest of the Princess fleet. Also it looks as though there is no Anytime Dining either.:(

From the Deck Plans, Shooting Stars didn't look like a disco to me. Where is the dance floor? I notice alot of tables and chairs around in the plans as well as the bar, but can't seem to find the dance floor.

What a shame it isn't a ship with MUTS!!:(

Hi Jarrod....according to the US info on Sun Princess. Horizon court is open 24 hours. whether that stays when she comes to Australia remains to be seen.

I agree with you about MUTS... on a clear night.... movies under the stars... great isn't it.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

Hi Jarrod....according to the US info on Sun Princess. Horizon court is open 24 hours. whether that stays when she comes to Australia remains to be seen.

I agree with you about MUTS... on a clear night.... movies under the stars... great isn't it.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

The anytime dining was not being offered during the "P&O" use from Nov to April. When booking we were only given 1st and 2nd sitting as options. Horizon Court is listed on a fact sheet as offering service at breakfast and lunch, and there is also no reference to the free icecream usually served there mid afternoon.

However, the ship is apparently going to be run as a Princess, and hopefully anytime dining will come back to match the Princess service offered everywhere else. I haved asked my TA to follow this one up, as there is no info published yet.

If anyone has booked one of the new cruises from April 08, were you offered anytime dining as an option?

I must admit, with anytime dining in place, it is a funny place for a dance floor. I can only guess it was there before anytime dining became the norm.

M.U.T.S. would be great. Sea Princess, as a sister ship has it.

Hi All,

the dance floor in Horizons does not actually get used...the dance floors are in Shooting Stars..(yes..there IS one,):D and in the Wheelhouse Lounge, plenty of room for us to fling ourselves about...:D

One of the main things we go cruising for is the dancing..believe me, we love it... and there is plenty of scope for this on the Sun!

See you on the floor...

Also, we have a booking in place now on the May 2008 - Asia cruise...and have not yet found out about the anytime dining option.

When we were on the Pacific Princess this year...under the P&O banner, room service was NO CHARGE..:)

S&D

41272307.gif.f5c34e9fd3d891cbefb5be2ee49e94f1.gif

Have spent some exciting :rolleyes: moments reading Sun \ Dawn Princess terms & conditions for bookings for the "P&O season" S735 - S807 and the "Princess cruises" S808N - S908, D836 - 907"

Before I fall asleep from this, just a note of the Australianisms and the difference on the 2 documents.

Australianism #1 - Drinking age of 18, in line with local laws (logical)

Australianism #2 - Fixed dining only. No mention of anytime dining in either contract.

Changes from S807 to S808N

1) 'Share with Other Accommodation' has been removed as an option.

(We will accept bookings from individual adults, 18 years and over to share accommodation in limited twin staterooms ......)

2) Recommended (auto) tipping allowance increases from $8 per passenger 13yrs & over per day to $10 per passenger 13yrs & over per day

3) An addition to the Alcohol policy ... if age is questionable, photo ID may be requested.

4) Addition to dining details ... Ultimate Balcony dining can only be requested once onboard

The only ommision seems to be anytime dining, but don't know if that is a major deal anyway. Horizons Court anytime dinners have some rather mixed reviews on the Princess boards . You can still eat at a flexible time via Sterling Steakhouse and Ultimate balcony dining anyway (extra cost).

Shame about the Anytime Dining. It was one feature we really enjoyed about Princess.

The Ultimate Balcony Dining isn't cheap either!!

Also noted that the Pizzeria, Patisserie, Evening Bistro and the Hot Dogs and Burgers are free on the Princess.com site. I hope that they keep it this way once it comes out to Oz. I can't see why we should be any different.

Shame about the Anytime Dining. It was one feature we really enjoyed about Princess.

The Ultimate Balcony Dining isn't cheap either!!

Also noted that the Pizzeria, Patisserie, Evening Bistro and the Hot Dogs and Burgers are free on the Princess.com site. I hope that they keep it this way once it comes out to Oz. I can't see why we should be any different.

Ultimate Balcony is certainly dear enough that you only do once on a cruise, but it certainly has rave reviews. I was actually hoping to order an Ultimate Balcony Breakfast, but these are not listed for OZ.

Seems the charging for snack items might be Australianism #3, US dining options are as per this link.

In the current Oz brochure there is an asterisk after all of those snack options. Means that charges apply.

I have a PDF which lists the dining options for SP Nov 07 - April 08. Prices or options may differ after that. Anytime dining is still missing from the new terms and conditions document, and the new sunprincess.com.au web site has the "charges apply" asterisk after the snack options.

Main Dining Room Traditional 7:30AM to 9:30AM; 12:00PM to2:00PM; Early seating 6:00PM, Late seating 8:15PM No charge

Sterling Steakhouse Speciality 6:30PM to 11:00PM $20 per person

Ultimate Balcony Dining Specialty 5:30PM to 10:00PM $125 per couple

Pizzeria Casual 11:00AM to 2:30PM; 7:00PM onward Priced per item

Burger and Hot Dog Grill Casual 11:00AM to 5:00PM; 6:30PM onward Priced per item

Horizon Court Casual 6:00AM to 10:30AM; 11:30AM to 2:30PM No charge

Room Service Casual 24 Hours Priced per item plus $3 delivery

Afternoon Tea Casual 3:30PM to 4:30PM No charge

Wine & Caviar Bar Casual 5:00PM onward Priced per item

Patisserie Casual 7:00AM Onwards Priced per item

Ice Cream Bar Casual 11:00AM to 8:00PM Priced per item

At least there is a free option for all meals for those that want it.

There is plenty of discussion on the Princess boards about Soda (soft drink), Ice Cream & Coffee cards that allow you to pre-purchase a number of items at a reduced price. Hope these are also available in Oz.

THis is a modified Princess cruising style offered by the company for Australia, a notch up from P&O Australia, at a decent price. The full princess service is reflected in the price and as said before the amercian market expect the great servcie and will pay for it. I think Princess in Australia purposely don't promote family cabins (ie 4 berth) as P&O Australia have that market covered and the fact that they don't have the same ratio as the P&O ships. This is really a cruising style for people who want a 4* service and Princess & Star cruises realise that Australia has a resources boom and many Australian are cashed up.

CruiseKidz

Ultimate Balcony is certainly dear enough that you only do once on a cruise, but it certainly has rave reviews.

Ultimate Balcony Dining Specialty 5:30PM to 10:00PM $125 per couple

Hope this pic is visible. Is a recent menu for UBD from Carribean Princess.

All inclusive, with cocktails, fresh flowers, champagne and a deluxe 4 course meal served by a member of the dining staff. You need a balcony & $125. I assume the menu is similar for OZ.

Anyone for lobster?

ubdmenu3.jpg

This gets back to the fact that Princess are offering a premiun standard and a cost comes with that. I personally will be happy to pay for this on my princess cruise and yes, ultimate balconly dining is an option we are looking at, nowhere near as expensive as a city restaurant with exclusive ocean views.. This deal includes photo and champagne flutes on the Emerald Princess.

CruiseKidz

This gets back to the fact that Princess are offering a premiun standard and a cost comes with that. I personally will be happy to pay for this on my princess cruise and yes, ultimate balconly dining is an option we are looking at, nowhere near as expensive as a city restaurant with exclusive ocean views.. This deal includes photo and champagne flutes on the Emerald Princess.

CruiseKidz

Thanks CruiseKidz,

I had seen anniversay packages with flutes & portrait, but wasn't aware of them with UBD, making it even better value. I agree that the U.B.D. package is great value, and we will certainly do it once early in the cruise. Maybe a 2nd time if it sensational. To judge in the overall value, it is extra to the $60 (estimate) inclusive meal you would be getting N\C in the dining room.

After parting with my hard earned, I don't see any point in penny pinching while on board. If anything adds to the cruise and holiday experience, it is worth considering. I will take quality over quantity anyday, and I guess that is what 4 star cruising is about.

CruiseKidz, Can I request you take plenty of pics of your Emerald cruise, and put up a review. Will be perfect timing for many off us hanging out for our Christmas \ New year cruises.

Cheers,

A guy called WOkie has some great pics of the Emerald Princess over on the Princess boards, there are 2 member reviews one of them sadly is from a very sad individual who moaned about everything starting with his flight on Air Canada!!!

Cheers

CruseKidz

After all of the discussion about ultimate balcony dining, I hope it is actually available on the cruise.

I had requested a Princess DVD a few weeks ago, but as they don't send outside North America, I did not expect to receive one. To my surprise, a parcel from Princess today with books and the DVD.

DVD was great with over an hour of beaut footage.

The Princess US tour book had a disclaimer that UBD would not be available on Sun Princess Australian cruises. As this differs from the Oz website & SP book, I got my TA to ring Princess. Response was that they were not going to confirm if UBD would be available till September.

Would be disappointing if they withdrew this service. If you want to try Ultimate Balcony Dining on your OZ cruise, make sure your TA lets Princess know!

Cheers,

Archived