Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale?

NthernLgts

Four of us will be flying down to Ft. Lauderdale a day early for our upcoming trip (no flying on departure day this trip!). Any suggestions on a decent but reasonably priced hotel? We wont likely be looking to do much sightseeing, but a relaxing 1/2 day close to a meal would be nice. Thanks!

Jim

It's a bit further north, but a lovely hotel......Check out the Springhill Suites in Boca Raton, we loved it ;) And if you're looking for a wonderful seafood meal, without spending a fortune, across the street is Boneheads :D :D :D

I am sure most people cruising just want a decent hotel near the port but if you want to do a really nice hotel- go to the Marriot in Delray Beach. This is about a 20 minute ride north from the airport.

Delray beach is the cutest little town. It isn't overdeveloped and the public beach is really nice. If you stay at the Marriot, you will be across the street from the beach and there are little shops and a few cute restuarants next to the hotel. There is also a public playground for the kids. It is a really quiet cute place that most people have never heard of. My sister lived there so, I love it.

It would make sense to rent a car though because half the fun is driving up and down the A1A and looking at all the mansions north of Delray and- with the tourquoise Atlantic on your right. Just beautiful area and worth a $45.00 car rental.

If you go to the East Coast departures board, you will see many recommendations on several threads over there.

Hotels on 17th St are all within walking distance of MANY wonderful restaurants and shops.

Enjoy - I love Ft. Lauderdale!

You are SO right! We did the same thing, we spent two extra days prior at the Springhill Suites in Boca. Deerfield Beach is another beautiful family beach. I love driving along A1A :D :p :D

I am sure most people cruising just want a decent hotel near the port but if you want to do a really nice hotel- go to the Marriot in Delray Beach. This is about a 20 minute ride north from the airport.

Delray beach is the cutest little town. It isn't overdeveloped and the public beach is really nice. If you stay at the Marriot, you will be across the street from the beach and there are little shops and a few cute restuarants next to the hotel. There is also a public playground for the kids. It is a really quiet cute place that most people have never heard of. My sister lived there so, I love it.

It would make sense to rent a car though because half the fun is driving up and down the A1A and looking at all the mansions north of Delray and- with the tourquoise Atlantic on your right. Just beautiful area and worth a $45.00 car rental.

While it's nothing special, it is a nice clean room, free hot b-fast, and they pick you up at the airport, and take you to the port, (free). It's the Ramada Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise port. Nice tiki bar as well.

From your question it sounded like you wanted nice and less expensive. My Cruise Critic Roll call board has blocked a group of rooms for all of us who are flying in a day early.

The pic's on the website are not that great, but look at the reviews on something like www.tripadvisor.com :)

I don't mean for this to sound rude or presumptious, but I'd suggest you take a look at the Fort Lauderdale (East Coast Departures) threads and check out the COUNTLESS hotel reviews and recommendations for a better idea! Lots of good tips over there!

I like the Hampton Inn in Plantation any time I'm going to Fort Lauderdale for work or play!

Good Luck!

:)

Hey I just wanted to say thanks to all that responded. Due to the priceline suggestions here, that is the way we went. After a little research on biddingfortravel I took a shot at a 3* hotel and wound up getting the Sheraton Yankee Trader (on the beach, 3-4 mi from the cruise terminal/airport) for $62/night. The price for the same room on Sheraton's site was $149. Thanks again.

Hey I just wanted to say thanks to all that responded. Due to the priceline suggestions here, that is the way we went. After a little research on biddingfortravel I took a shot at a 3* hotel and wound up getting the Sheraton Yankee Trader (on the beach, 3-4 mi from the cruise terminal/airport) for $62/night. The price for the same room on Sheraton's site was $149. Thanks again.

Great price and you are still close to everything. :)

We loved the Hampton Inn in Plantation. They have a free shuttle to the port and will even allow you to leave your car there (for free) if you have driven down. They have a happy hour each evening with free beer and munchies. Numerous restaurants within walking distance, and Broward County mall right across the street. The trip to the port takes about 15 minutes. Very friendly customer service, beds to die for, free breakfast--can't ask for anything more.

Good job! We got the same hotel through Priceline for our March 08 cruise and we got ours for $135. The going rate for that night is $300+ so I guess comparatively speaking we did well too. When are you going?

Kim

Hi Kim, we're flying out August 18. We have always flown out on sail day (and always been a bit nervous about it too). This time we're going a day early and taking Jr. with as a grad present. Looking forward to some beach/ocean time, a few hours to wind down, and a good nights sleep before sailing.

Kaws,

What date did you bid for in March 08 ? Was the first bid accepted? Is it for a one night stay? I need a hotel for March 9th 08 (Saturday night) and most I have checked are over $300.00 per night for this date:eek:

Kaws,

What date did you bid for in March 08 ? Was the first bid accepted? Is it for a one night stay? I need a hotel for March 9th 08 (Saturday night) and most I have checked are over $300.00 per night for this date:eek:

March 8th is the Saturday night (not the 9th). March 8th is what I bid for. I bid for a 3 or 4 star in the beach area for $135. The first bid I put out was for a 4 star in the same area for $125 and it was rejected.

Are you by chance going on the Liberty on the 9th? That's the ship we're on and your dates are the same so ...

Kim

Hi Kim,

Thanks for your reply, you are right it is the Saturday the 8th. Actually we are getting off the Costa Mediterranea that day. We always take a night in Florida after a cruise to do some shopping. We find clothes and shoes are much cheaper for our teens than here in Canada.

I think you got a great deal on the Sheraton and I will probably bid on it also. I stayed there once but it was 16 years ago. I'm sure that much has changed but at least the beach will be the same. :D

Thanks for sharing your "win", I'll let you know if I bid on it.

We booked a wonderful hotel in Sunny Isles The Thunderbird Now under Days Inn Thurderbird its an older hotel where the rat pack hung out service was incredable and the rooms where clean. My wife could not say enough about the hotel. great atmosphere great bar!!! about 15 miles south of Ft Lauderdale We flew in to FT Lauderdale 2 days before our cruise. The hotel is part of the Deter properties and has free shuttle service to South Beach and Adventura Mall...

We booked our next cruise out of Miami and plan to stay there again.

We prefer Ft Lauderdale Airport over Miami International. who woundn't

We stayed last night at the Ramada Inn Airport/Cruise Port hotel in Fort Lauderdale and it was great! Rooms are large and clean, staff was friendly. There's a super pool, awesome restaurant in the hotel, tiki bar by the pool, entertainment Fri & Sat nights. It was $85 for the night and includes pickup at the airport and shuttle to the port, also a full HOT breakfast buffet. We liked it so much that we're staying there 2 nights when we go back in Nov. You can't go wrong with this one!

Archived