Did I make a mistake

Raider07

I booked a guarantee balcony on the Liberty in June. I already received my dockuments, and just found that the price dropped and that Carnival credited me $250.00 . The problem was that my cabin was already assigned to me, and now the cabin assignment says TBA.

Can the cruise line change a cabin after you have your documents?

I booked a guarantee balcony on the Liberty in June. I already received my dockuments, and just found that the price dropped and that Carnival credited me $250.00 . The problem was that my cabin was already assigned to me, and now the cabin assignment says TBA.

You booked a guarantee. Dont be surprised.

If you had booked a specific cabin I might say you have grounds to be annoyed, but you didnt. Besides you might end up with a better one.

Plus you got a 250.00 credit.

Enjoy your cruise.

If you got your docs,how do you know the cabin was assigned?

It could have been assigned right after they made up the docs. If it shows a cabin # on the Carnival site, that could very well be your cabin assignment.

Take the $250 and have a nice excursion or a couples massage. Sounds like things worked out so far in your favor.

They finally changed the number back to the cabin assigned to me on the documents. I will put the $250 saved to good use...

As Always thanks for the replies.

Just be aware, that if you booked a GTY cabin, the assignment can, even though it is rare, change right up until the day you board...

i guess i'm missing your concern. was the cabin assignment you rec'd in a great location, and now you are worried about being moved to a worse one?

if this is the reasoning, you have to look at things a different way: you booked a guaranty to begin with, so you didn't care all that much about where you wld end up. so, in that regard, nothing much has changed except that you now have an extra $250 to play with. that's a good thing.;)

Archived