Serenade-10/26/08-Panama Canal Repo

Those of us booked on this cruise find our reservations missing from the My Cruises section of the RCI website. The cruise is no longer listed on the website. Actually, it was there for awhile yesterday, but all the cabins were listed as N/A.

Several calls to RCI have gotten several different answers (surprise!), some of which have been drydock (seems to really be scheduled for Feb/Mar '08) and "Inventory Mainentance".

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Those of us booked on this cruise find our reservations missing from the My Cruises section of the RCI website. The cruise is no longer listed on the website. Actually, it was there for awhile yesterday, but all the cabins were listed as N/A.

Several calls to RCI have gotten several different answers (surprise!), some of which have been drydock (seems to really be scheduled for Feb/Mar '08) and "Inventory Mainentance".

Anyone have any other suggestions?

How long has it been listed as NA? There where a lot of cruises listed as NA about 10 days ago and it lasted a few days...then they where back again.

BILL

Your post has me thinking (always dangerous). We booked the Serenade for the April 19, 08 Panama Canal repo cruise from SJ to SF about 2 weeks ago while onboard AOS. The booking did NOT show up in my cruises on the RCL website, but the deposit showed up on my credit card billing. And we were so looking forward to our 1st hump.

Also, if drydock is scheduled for Feb/March 08 is the April 08 sailing in jeopardy? Hmnnn.

We booked the Serenade for the April 19, 08 Panama Canal repo cruise from SJ to SF about 2 weeks ago while onboard AOS. The booking did NOT show up in my cruises on the RCL website, but the deposit showed up on my credit card billing. And we were so looking forward to our 1st hump.

The same thing happened to me when we booked aboard Enchantment. I had to call RCI and have an CSA apply my C & A number to the reservation. For some reason the Loyalty Ambassador didn't do it. :rolleyes:

I'm wondering if it is possibly being chartered by a group? Company? Person? Everytime we call RCCL, as you know, we've gotten a different answer. I just thought maybe someone would have had some experience with this happening to their cruise in the past.

You have a long time. Like 15 months? You just have to wait it out. Empress went N/A for 5 months before there was any announcement about anything. I would imagine it is probably fine. What happened last year was a group charter BEFORE the Panama Canal return, which meant there was a short Mexican Riviera opportunity for the rest of us. You don't have anything booked, just check periodically. :D They may just be adjusting the start date of the cruise.

I'm wondering if it is possibly being chartered by a group? Company? Person? Everytime we call RCCL, as you know, we've gotten a different answer. I just thought maybe someone would have had some experience with this happening to their cruise in the past.

A charter was the first thing that popped into my head. Please keep us updated!

###

Hi Lana and Bret! How are you? Glad to see you have this cruise booked and keeping my fingers crossed for you that it works out ok. Some of the "Rowdy" group have booked the South America to San Diego Cruise in April of 2009, you might think about that one if this does not pan out. Starts in Santiago Chile and looks like it will be fun. Do you ever hear from Lynne and Sylvain? I look at your Boston repo pictures oiften and think of the fun we had last year. We have your cabin on the Serenade September 22nd of this year for Alaska.

Yes we saw Lyne and Sylvain. We met them at an Inn in Burlington, VT and spent the night. We had dinner and toured around a bit the next day. I had hoped that they were going to come here and spend the night at our house at the end of June, but I'm not sure that's going to work out.

A spring Rowdy cruise won't work for us. Fall is the best time for me to be away from work. Perhaps someday in the future, though.

Enjoy 8102 for Alaska!

Alanna

Got a call today from RCCL telling me that the point of embarkation had been moved from San Diego to LA. They offered compensation if you had already booked air, but it seems unlikely anyone had done that, yet! They said they had to move from San Diego due to some construction at the port. The Radiance is still scheduled to go out of there at this point, on the same day. This fall, the Radiance is going out of LA and the Serenade is going out of San Diego. Go figure!

Archived